Understand the Basics of Neuropathy: What is Neuropathy?
Neuropathy refers to a nerve condition which is often painful and damaging.
It is common among individuals who are over 55 years in age.
Neuropathy and its symptoms
- Can be treated by a medical professional
- Requires a proper diagnosis
- Laboratory tests or imaging is always needed
Neuropathy damages the nerves carrying information to and from the brain. It is a condition that gets resolved within months.
Neuropathic pain may be chronic or acute. Some of the common symptoms are tingling pain, loss of sensation, numbness and burning sensation. There are also several symptoms for different neuropathic pain.
People may experience
- Pain in multiple areas - Neuropathic pain in arms, legs and other body parts.
Various types of pain - Tingling sensation, sharp stabbing pain or even chronic pain
- Painful circumstances - Movement of the damaged part, due to injury, straining that particular area.
- Muscular pain - Muscular pain is experienced due to neuropathic issues.
- Most common - Chronic pain due to injury or straining. Tingling sensation, muscle pain, skin thinning.
- Self care
- Follow a balanced diet
- Healthy body weight should be maintained
- Control stress level
- Exercise for 10 to 30 minutes daily
- Yoga and meditation
Medicines prescribed by the doctor can reduce the pain caused by neuropathy.
Make it a point to consult with a health specialist at mfine to get the best treatment and advice. The doctor will prescribe the right medication for your condition.