Book CT Scan Brain Contrast in Bangalore
- A blood clot within the brain
- A sudden severe headache
- Injuries to soft tissues
- Loss of vision
- Haemorrhage in the brain
- Fractures of the bones
- Bleeding within the brain
- Skull fractures
- Brain injury
- Patients experiencing symptoms of stroke
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Bangalore
Bangalore is a bustling city with over 250 laboratories that perform various tests. Most of these healthcare research facilities have the in-house infrastructure for sample storage, monitoring, and analysis, and they adhere to strict industry standards for calibrations and regulatory requirements. They also have some of the best technology available.
They offer their clients a wide range of cutting-edge high-tech lab tests, including diagnosing various genetic conditions. They also have certified technicians in staff, in addition to other employees. Laboratory prices vary depending on the type of test you want to be performed. Before deciding, compare options such as price, reputation, the range of services offered, and other practical factors.
Why book a CT scan of the brain with a Contrast Test?
The Computed Tomography Brain Test is the medical term for a CT scan of the Brain with Contrast Test. This CT scan creates a three-dimensional image of the skull and aids in detecting injury in the head. The entire procedure is based on imaging.
The following are some of the most important reasons to schedule a CT scan of the brain with a Contrast Test:
- To determine if the person suffered a brain injury or a skull fracture due to a previous incident.
- To see if the person has any mental problems, such as hydrocephalus.
- To see if there is any internal bleeding or clotting in the brain.
- To see if the meninges (the membrane that surrounds the brain and spine) have become inflamed.
- To find out if there are any tumours.
- For evaluating the stroke risk.
If you’re experiencing symptoms such as severe headache, bleeding, and others, it is suggested to book a CT scan of the brain with a Contrast test at the earliest possible through MFine.
What all tests are included in the CT scan of the brain with a Contrast Test?
The following tests may be recommended by your treating doctor to be included in the CT scan of the Brain with Contrast Test:
- Quick blood test: to ensure that your doctor has chosen the correct dye for the actual CT scan of the brain.
- Dietary restrictions: Food and water consumption can interfere with test results; therefore, it is recommended that you fast for at least 4 hours before the test.
- Allergy medications include: If you are allergic to the CT contrast agent (which contains iodine), you may be required to take a steroid the night before and the morning of the procedure and an antihistamine such as Benedryl.
- Solution for preparation: Your technician or nurse will tell you to consume the oral contrast solution.
What preparation is required for the CT scan of the brain with a Contrast Test?
While going for the CT scan, one should be aware of several important factors.
- Firstly, choose your attire, keeping comfort in mind, or you might need to slip into hospital gowns to ease out the process.
- Metal artefacts, such as jewellery, eyeglasses, dentures, and hairpins can cause CT pictures to be distorted. Therefore, leave them at home.
- It is advised to inform the doctor about any underlying problems and your family’s health. In addition, any supplements you have been consuming currently or in the past must be reported to the treating doctor.
- Also, if you have any allergies, do not forget to mention those.
- Certain medications may impact your test findings, so try to take a prescription from a doctor in that case. If you’re consuming any medicines or drugs, inform that as well.
If you’re pregnant or trying for the same, do inform that as well.
What is the average cost of the CT scan of the Brain with Contrast Test in Bangalore?
The cost of a CT scan of the brain with a Contrast Test depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Bangalore is usually between Rs. 1099 onwards. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost when booking the appointment.
How to book a CT Scan Brain Contrast Test in Bangalore?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for a CT scan brain?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting a ct scan brain done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for CT scan brains?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for ct scan brains. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the CT scan brain test?
Yes, you can easily reschedule the appointment for a CT scan brain with the MFine app. Just go to the app, and there is an option to reschedule the appointment.
What might a CT scan of the head reveal?
Head CT scans are frequently used in patients with head trauma to identify haemorrhage, brain damage, and skull fractures. Bleeding is caused by a burst or leaky aneurysm in a patient suffering from a severe headache.
What should you avoid doing before a contrast-enhanced CT scan?
You should not eat anything three hours before a CT scan with contrast if your doctor has ordered one. It is advised that you drink clear beverages. You may also take any medications prescribed to you before your examination.
Is a CT scan of the brain dangerous?
The CT scan is a painless, non-invasive procedure that most doctors consider safe. It may, however, pose certain risks. Because a CT scan exposes a person to radiation, there is a risk of cancer developing as a result of the high radiation doses.
Can a CT scan detect a bleed in the brain?
CT scans routinely miss soft tissue damage and other irregularities. An MRI may or may not be able to identify these. TBIs might take a long time to show up. A tiny brain haemorrhage or nerve fibre injury may not appear for hours or even days after you’ve visited the emergency room.
Is it necessary to use contrast in a CT scan of the brain?
A CT scan of the brain can be conducted with or without contrast. It is, however, rarely required. In general, it’s best to leave the decision about whether to use contrast or not to the imaging physician’s discretion.
After a CT scan with contrast, how much water should I drink?
After having a contrast dye injection, drink six to eight glasses of water to help flush it out of your system. Your report will be reviewed by an imaging physician who specializes in CT scan interpretation. In most cases, your doctor will receive the results within 48 hours.
What may I expect following a contrast-enhanced CT scan?
If contrast dye was used during your treatment, you might be monitored for any contrast dye-related adverse effects or reactions, such as itching, swelling, rash, or difficulty breathing.
Is it possible to acquire a headache following a CT scan?
Minor reactions to the IV contrast used in CT scans may include nausea, vomiting, headache, or dizziness, which are usually transient and do not necessitate treatment. Certain hives (urticaria) and rash cases can be treated with antihistamines or other medications.
How long does it take to have a CT scan of the head?
The technician will always be able to see and hear you during your exam. This procedure usually takes between 15 and 30 minutes.
What medications interact with contrast?
In patients with cardiovascular disease, renal disease, and/or diabetes, renin-angiotensin system blockers, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medications, diuretics, and metformin may increase CI-AKI risk during contrast imaging.