Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Cases done by
No Sports Medicines available currently
Sports Doctor Near Me: Consult on MFine
It’s not uncommon for a person to injure themselves while playing a sport or indulging in heavy physical exercises. In this case, it is essential to seek a “sports doctor near me”- given that sports injury treatments are time-sensitive- who can look into the problem and suggest the right sports injury treatment. In simple terms, doctors who have specialized training to treat and prevent any kind of sports injury are sports doctors. Sports medicine is a much-needed branch of niche medical expertise, that’s why the sports doctors near you on MFine help you from the comfort of your home! We make your searches for "sports doctor near me" and or "sports doctor near me" easier by connecting you with our qualified team of sports doctor for online doctor consultation.
If you or a loved one was diagnosed with COVID-19 in the past, consider taking a COVID-19 antibody testto test your immunity levels.
What do our sports doctors do?
It’s a common misconception that sports medicine doctors only work with a sportsperson. While sports doctors near you do work with sportsmen and sportswomen, they also treat children and teenagers engaged in new sports activities and adults who are involved in rigorous exercise routines. Apart from this, they also treat individuals who have physically active jobs like construction workers. Suppose you or someone you know suffers a significant injury during exercise or sports, and shows signs like severe body pain, swelling, numbness, or has limited movement, it’s best to seek guidance from our team of sports doctors on MFine. As stated above, our sports medicine physicians can help you diagnose your situation promptly and recommend the best sports injury treatment. With our online doctor consultations, you wouldn't need to search for "sports doctor near me" anymore. You can consult the best “sports doctor near me” through the MFine app with just a click.
How are sports injuries diagnosed?
Sports medicine specialists diagnose sports injuries by conducting the following steps:
- Physical examination : Sportsmed doctors will attempt to move the joint/ body part and check if there is numbness or swelling.
- Medical history : Your doctor may ask questions about how you got injured, the steps you have taken to curb the pain, and about any pre-existing medical condition.
- Imaging tests : Finally, to get an accurate diagnosis, your sports specialist will ask you to take x-rays, CT scan, or MRI scan, depending on the severity of your wound.
While in most cases, surgery is not required, but even if it is, our specialists will put you in touch with the best general surgeons to resolve your problems. To begin with, they will recommend a range of tests to detect the severity of your condition and accordingly suggest the right sports injury treatment. If needed, a comprehensive health check-up will also be required to assess all aspects of your health. The tests will be done on samples picked up from your home, during your preferred time slots. We are well aware of the on-going pandemic and will strictly follow COVID-19 safety protocols while performing the tests at your home. In short, our team of medical experts will guide you on any condition from diagnosis to its treatment. We are only a click away!
What do sports doctors near me treat?
- Ankle pain: : One of the most common cases, ankle injuries, causes severe pain, and takes some time to recover. That’s why it is best not to delay a consultation. Speak to our sportsmed doctors on MFine for a speedy recovery!
- Fracture: When you play sports or indulge in substantial physical activity, you might likely have a fracture at some point. On being severely painful, a fracture takes time to heal, and appropriate care is essential. It’s best to seek guidance from experts on MFine to get to the root of the problem and then treat it.
- Knee and shoulder injury :Both the knee and shoulder are essential for seamless movement. In case you suffer an injury in either, it gets difficult to function properly. In such cases, it is advisable to consult a sports medicine expert on MFine to help you resolve this issue.
- Exercise-induced asthma: This is a condition wherein the airways in the lungs narrow down due to strenuous exercise. You might have shortness of breath, wheezing, coughing, or similar symptoms. Feel free to reach out to our sports medicine experts on MFine and let them guide in the best possible way.
- Heat illness: On being a severe condition, heat illness puts you at risk of heatstroke while you play sports. In some instances, it could be life-threatening too. In this case, it is vital to seek the guidance of qualified sports medicine specialists to receive appropriate sports injury treatment.
- Concussion: A concussion is a brain injury and is common among those who play sports. A concussion can often lead to neurological abnormalities like poor concentration, poor balance and coordination, and even severe migraines. Our team of medical experts can help you with timely diagnosis, treatment, and appropriate advice.
- Other issues: You can also consult an expert in sports medicine if you face injuries in your cartilage or need guidance regarding appropriate nutrition or for performing specific physical exercises.
Don’t waste time waiting for your medical care as you can now choose the best sports physician in your locality using the MFine app. Search for the ‘best sports injury doctor near me’ and get preliminary medical advice online hassle-free. You can even refine your search to items like “top sports medicine doctors near me” for the best results to discover the nearest sports physician to you.
Top Hospitals on mfine
What is the difference between a sports doctor and an orthopedic doctor?
One of the main distinctions between a sports medicine doctor and anorthopedic doctor is the treatment of the injury. A sports medicine consultant can provide non-operative sports injury treatment and suggest preventive measures. An orthopedic doctor is qualified to perform surgery or operation for the sports injury, if required. However, almost 90% of sports injuries are treatable without surgery.
What type of doctor provides sports injury treatment?
Doctors who have specialized training to treat and prevent any kind of sports injury are sports doctors. While sports medicine doctors do work with sportsmen and sportswomen, they also treat children and teenagers engaged in new sports activities and adults who are involved in rigorous exercise routines. Apart from this, they also treat individuals who have physically active jobs like construction workers.
When should I see a sports doctor?
Suppose you or someone you know suffers a significant injury during exercise or sports, and shows signs like severe body pain, swelling, numbness, or has limited movement, it’s best to seek guidance from a sports injury doctor who can provide you with appropriate medical advice and sports injury treatment. You can either search for “sports doctor near me” or jump online on the MFine app to consult leading sports medicines doctors in the city through instant chat or video consultation.
How will sports doctors near me diagnose injuries?
Sports doctors near you diagnose sports injuries by conducting the following steps:
Physical examination: A sports medicine professional will attempt to move the joint/ body part and check if there is numbness or swelling.
Medical history: Your doctor may ask questions about how you got injured, the steps you have taken to curb the pain, and about any pre-existing medical condition.
How do I consult a sports doctor near me?
To talk to a sports doctor, you have to choose the sports medicine specialty, select a doctor, and enter your contact details to consult with a medical expert online. The sports medicine professional will connect with you and will recommend lab tests, health check-ups, or medicines based on your sports injury and health condition. We make your searches for sports doctors near me easier by connecting you with our qualified team of sports injury doctors for online doctor consultation.
During this pandemic, it is highly advisable to opt for a COVID antibody RT PCR test for safety and assurance at the comfort of your home accurately on MFine.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App