Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Cases done by
No Ophthalmologys available currently
Consult an eye specialist nearby on MFine
Our eyes are one of the most important sensory organs in the body, which is why it is critical to visit an eye specialist nearby regularly. They are also the most highly developed and most sensitive organs at the same time. Be sure to visit the best eye specialist nearby every one or two years. This may vary based on your:
- Risk factors
- Other underlying medical conditions.
If you want to get your child’s eyes checked, then it is advised that you see a child eye specialist nearby. There are two types of eye care specialists, namely:
1. Optometrists: Retina specialist nearby are eye care specialists who specialize in the following -
- Regular eye care
- Can diagnose and help treat vision problems
- Conducting eye tests regularly
- Prescribing and fitting glasses
- Detecting different eye conditions.
2. Ophthalmologists: Ophthalmologist doctors specialize in the following -
- Vision problems, such as sudden loss of vision
- Medical conditions related to the eye, such as reasons for squint eyes in children
- Can perform surgery on the eye in case of trauma or other disorders.
The best eye doctors near me are available on MFine for online eye doctor consultation so that you can skip the long lines and wait time to see a doctor. Instead, talk to a doctor online on our website or app to receive a diagnosis over the phone, chat, or a video call, all from the comfort of your own home. You can also check out eye care nearby and consult an eye specialist near you, or find an ophthalmologist nearby for a physical checkup. You can also refer to our health packages if you wish to consult any of MFine’s online consultants.
When should I see an eye doctor near me?
Based on different factors, the frequency of your visits to an eye specialist nearby can vary. The most common reason to visit an eye care specialist is because of vision problems, which can be affected by other more serious conditions, such as diabetes, degeneration, and others. To ensure your vision is proper, you should visit an ophthalmologist once every year or every 18 months.
Other eye conditions may require you to visit or consult with an eye doctor nearby. The most common conditions include -
* Cataracts: Cataract problems are some of the most common eye conditions that develop with age.
- Some of the symptoms include:
- Blurry vision
- Cloudy vision
- Trouble seeing at night
- Faded colors
- Double vision.
However, the most defining feature is always cloudy vision, which occurs because the lenses become cloudy. Cataract problems may occur in one or both eyes and can be treated by replacing the lens with an artificial one. It is important to consult an eye specialist nearby at the earliest sign of symptoms to reach a diagnosis quickly.
* Conjunctivitis: Also known as pink eye, conjunctivitis occurs when there is inflammation in the conjunctiva, which is the membrane that lines the eyelids. When there is an irritant, the eye becomes red or pinkish. It can cause the following symptoms:
- And in some cases, sensitivity to light
Conjunctivitis is usually self-diagnosable, but consulting with an optometrist or ophthalmologist is recommended to rule out bacterial conjunctivitis, and to know more on pink eye treatment. An eye doctor nearby can also prescribe medication to quicken healing and provide antibacterial eye drops in the case of bacterial conjunctivitis. For pink eye treatment, contact lenses should be avoided, and a cold compress can help dull the pain until a retina specialist nearby is consulted.
* Eye infections: There are several types of eye infections, and conjunctivitis is merely one of them. Eye infections can manifest in the following forms:
- Blepharitis, or others
These are characterized by eye infection symptoms and the location of the infection. Different types of eye infections can occur on the cornea, eyelid, eyelashes, tear ducts, or on different tissues or layers of the eye. Some of the symptoms may present themselves as:
- Redness in the eye
- Light sensitivity
A stye inside the eyelid shows up as a pimple or lump that can be painful and filled with pus. An ophthalmologist doctor can help treat these eye infection symptoms by diagnosing and prescribing the right medicine for the type of eye infection.
* Vision problems: Different types of vision problems broadly fall under 4 types of eye conditions. These are as follows:
Myopia and hyperopia affect individuals across age groups, and cause near-sightedness and far-sightedness respectively. Astigmatism and presbyopia occur more often with age in older adults. While astigmatism affects vision towards nearby and far away objects, presbyopia makes it difficult for the eyes to focus on objects that are close by. Both an optometrist and ophthalmologist can help diagnose and prescribe eyeglasses or contacts for this.
* Glaucoma: A glaucoma is a type of eye condition that affects vision and may cause blindness. There are different types of glaucoma but all of them occur because of fluid buildup in the eye, which in turn affects the optic nerve. As the pressure increases with the increased fluid, it becomes more likely that the optic nerve may be damaged. This is why you must consult with a top ophthalmologist at the earliest sign of pressure in the eye. They will be able to diagnose the type of glaucoma with a glaucoma test. After this, the ophthalmology specialist will offer advice on ways to reach the right glaucoma cure.
Apart from these various eye conditions and vision problems, eye care specialists treat other serious problems like:
- Macular degeneration
- A lazy eye
- Different kinds of eye pain
- Dry eyes
- Strabismus (squint)
- Eye ulcers
- Corneal abrasions
- Blocked tear ducts and more.
If you experience any unfamiliar symptoms, you should consult an eye specialist nearby or an ophthalmologist nearby to ensure there is no serious condition causing the symptoms.
Diabetes can also affect your eyes. Since diabetes can affect blood vessels all over the body, the condition can affect blood vessels in the eyes as well. It blocks the vessels leading to the retina, causing fluid to leak. In some cases, it may cause bleeding as well. Diabetic retinopathy is a serious condition, and if you suffer from diabetes, you should talk to a doctor online or speak with an online eye doctor nearby to know how to control the condition best.
How can we help you to find eye care nearby?
At MFine, we offer access to an extensive network of leading eye care nearby and top ophthalmologists across the country. We aim to provide the best quality of healthcare to ensure you are in the best hands, and with our online eye doctor consultation feature, we make medical solutions accessible for all. All of our eye care nearby have the best eye specialists nearby with several years of experience.
Use the MFine app or chat with a doctor online through our website to speak to an eye specialist nearby immediately. You can also find the best eye specialists nearby, or you can consult over chat, call, or video with an optometrist and ophthalmologist for your eye condition.
What do eye specialists near me say about COVID-19 and the eyes?
As the lockdown carries on, access to healthcare facilities will remain suspended. This is why MFine is dedicated to bridging the gap between the need for doctor consultations and doctors online. You can use the MFine app or our website to talk to a doctor online.
It was also found in October 2020 that the novel coronavirus could also infect the eyes of individuals. It was found that a recovered patient of COVID-19 has traces of the virus when she was taken into surgery for an acute glaucoma attack. Further research has indicated that the eye can be a source of both “in” and “out” of the virus, resulting in healthcare workers wearings goggles and face shields.
There have been a few basic findings between COVID-19 and the eye:
Some patients develop conjunctivitis (or “pink eye”) when diagnosed with COVID-19.
Some patients also develop glaucoma, a condition in which pressure in the eyes rises rapidly due to drastic fluid buildup.
Hence, it is important to get your eyes checked regularly by visiting an eye specialist nearby.
If you notice any symptoms of COVID-19, you should get in touch with a doctor through an online medical consultation at the earliest. Symptoms of COVID-19 include flu-like symptoms, such as fever, cold, cough, and body ache. With all the risks present in stepping out of our homes, to ourselves and others, you should avoid going to a healthcare facility without prior notice. Under the current prevailing conditions, it is unsafe to visit an eye specialist hospital or your regular ophthalmologist clinic. You can refer to our health packages if you wish to consult any of our doctors online. Social distancing should be followed strictly, which is why you should chat with a doctor online for any issues. Stepping out can cause COVID symptoms to spread even if you are not presenting any symptoms. It can be helpful to complete a COVID-19 risk assessment test to check for COVID symptoms and early flu symptoms as well.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Frequently Asked Questions on Ophthalmology Near Me
What does a child eye specialist near me do?
A child eye specialist nearby specializes in treating eye conditions and vision problems or varying degrees. They can –
- Treat vision problems such as myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism, and presbyopia
- Prescribe eyeglasses
- Treat common eye conditions like types of eye infections, stye inside eyelid, bacterial conjunctivitis, etc.
- Perform tests for different eye conditions, including glaucoma test, vision tests, etc.
- Treat or perform surgery for crossed eyes, lazy eyes, glaucoma cure, diabetic retinopathy, cataracts, etc
Treat and prescribe medication for eye ulcers, corneal abrasions, blocked tear ducts, etc
Along with visiting an eye specialist nearby, you can also get a full body check done to confirm the overall health of your body.
When should I see an eye specialist near me?
If you notice any symptoms of eye problems, you should avail online eye doctor consultation or visit an eye specialist nearby to treat the issue at once and prevent it from aggravating. Symptoms can include pain, redness, puffiness, blurred vision, pressure in the eye, fluid discharge, or any other symptom that feels unfamiliar or abnormal. Since the eyes are the most sensitive organs, it is crucial to see a doctor at the first sign or symptom of a problem to ensure it is not serious.
What are the types of retina specialists near me?
There are two main types of retina specialist near me. They are optometrists and ophthalmologists. However, many people confuse opticians as eye care specialists, when in reality, they are not trained medical professionals.
What is the difference between ophthalmologist and opticians?
An ophthalmology specialist is trained to diagnose and treat different types of eye conditions and may also perform surgery. Opticians, on the other hand, are not medical professionals at all. They are only trained to design and fit eyeglasses, lenses, and other corrective devices. They cannot test vision or prescribe aids. Opticians must use the prescriptions provided by optometrists and ophthalmologists.
What is the difference between optometrist and ophthalmologists?
While an ophthalmologist doctor can treat eye conditions and perform surgeries, an optometrist can only diagnose and treat vision problems and not other serious eye conditions. You can consult the best ophthalmologists online on MFine.
What should I not do before going for an eye check-up?
These are some tips to keep in mind when you are visiting an eye specialist nearby for an eye check-up:
- Do not put excess pressure on your eyes.
- Do not consume any caffeinated beverages on the day of your appointment.
- Make sure to carry your insurance information and photo id when going for your appointment to ensure that the work finishes quickly.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App