Dermatologists: Doctors for Skin & Hair Treatment
Written by Dr Reshma Dermatologist
Last updated on 19 August 2020
Dermatology is a medical speciality that involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseased conditions, neoplasms, cancers and infections of the skin. It also includes the study of cosmetic and ageing conditions of the skin, hair, nails and oral and genital membranes.
Table of Contents
- When to Visit?
- Educational Qualification
- Finding a good Dermatologists
- Choosing the right Dermatologists
Who are Dermatologists?
A dermatologist is an expert you should consult if you have any significant problem with your skin. Dermatology is the science that is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails.
What do Dermatologists do?
A dermatologist is a doctor who treats conditions affecting the skin, hair, nails, glands, and mucus membranes which can include cancer. Dermatologists treat patients of all ages. Out of 3,000 different dermatology conditions that might be treated.
Some of the skin-related procedures by skin doctor online consultation would include the following:
- Skin examination
- Recommending external lotions and creams
- Recommending internal medicines
- Skin biopsies
- Chemical peels
- Cosmetic injections
- Laser surgery
How often should you see Dermatologists?
Cancer Council recommends all adults get their skin checked every three months. Those who are at risk should have a trained doctor examine them once a year.
What degrees do you need to be a Dermatologists?
To become a dermatologist, one needs to complete an undergraduate medical degree (MBBS) and MD or diploma in dermatology
How to find a good Dermatologists?
To find a good dermatologist, speak to a family member or friend to refer you to a good dermatologist. You could also search online for skin doctor or ‘dermatologist near me’ on Google, it does a great job of providing services closest to you, i.e., they’d connect you with a dermatologist near you. Usually, there are ratings and reviews online for the quality of services provided to help you decide what’s best for you.
How to choose a Dermatologists?
Choosing the right dermatologist doctor is one of the most important and personal decisions you would make. Here are seven crucial tips to help you choose the right dermatologist:
- Research. There are many dermatologists out there. Decide upon the one you would be comfortable with; someone with a good reputation, communication and soft skills.
- Get the proper referrals. Speak with your family member, a General Physician, colleagues, friends to help you connect with the right skin expert.
- Check for licencing and credentials of the dermatologist.
- Consider the years of experience of the doctor.
- Consider the communication style of the dermatologist. Choose a doctor you would gel along with quickly. Developing a rapport helps in communicating efficiently with the dermatologist. If possible, read patient reviews to help you make the right decisions.
At MFine, we treat your health as our top priority. Book an online appointment, and our specialists will get in touch with you shortly!
- Ask the doctor about your symptoms, problems, medications, and more during your consultation.
- You may have to submit your medical(skin disease) history, images of the problem area and records if any, so the doctor can better understand your condition.
- Post teleconsultation, you could also follow up with your doctor online.
- Additionally, you can also buy medicines online and get lab tests done using the MFine app, all from the comfort of your home.
751552 cases done by Dermatologists
No Dermatologists available currently
List of 2456 Top Dermatologists in India
Frequently Asked Questions on Dermatologist Near Me
Why should I visit a Dermatologist?
You may have to visit a dermatologist for any hair and skin issues you may have, for example, Skin problems in teenagers like fungal infection, acne, hair fall etc.
You can choose to consult a dermatologist as they help bust myths and provide correct information regarding various skin diseases and answer common questions related to skin and hair.
What are the common problems that a dermatologist treats?
The most common problems dermatologists treat are:
- Bacterial infections
- Cosmetic procedures like skin peeling
- Itchy skin
- Cold Sores
- Skin cancer
- Fungal infections
- Hand dermatitis
- Atopic eczema
- Hair fall
Acne in women can also be due to PCOS. If you have other symptoms of PCOS it is recommended to consult a gynaecologist.
Is it safe to consult online?
Yes! Your skin specialist online consultation will be absolutely safe and secure with MFine. All the information you share with your dermatologist will be private. We also ensure 100% confidentiality during your treatment.
Does a dermatologist treat skin problems in kids?
Is it necessary to get dermatological treatments?
Yes, it is of utmost importance to take care of dermatological conditions as they can reflect your overall health. Skin and hair, not only have aesthetic appeal but also protect our internal organs from getting harmed. Hence, it is essential to take care of the skin you live in.
Which doctor should I consult for hair loss?
A dermatologist can treat both skin and hair. You can consult a dermatologist for problems such as hair loss.
What is the best vitamin for hair loss?
The 5 Best Vitamins for Hair Loss Prevention, Based on Research
- Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D.
What is the difference between a cosmetologist & a dermatologist?
A dermatologist specializes in diagnosing and treating all skin-related issues. They prescribe surgical or non-surgical treatment for skin diseases. On the other hand, cosmetology involves the study of skin, hair and nails. Cosmetologists specialize in beauty treatments for the skin, nails and hair including hairstyling, hairdressing and nail treatments.
Is sun protection required?
Sun protection is essential to reduce the burden of skin cancer and other signs of photodamage.
Top Dermatologist online across India
- Dermatologist in Hyderabad
- Dermatologist in Kolkata
- Dermatologist in Chennai
- Dermatologist in Mumbai
- Dermatologist in Delhi
- Dermatologist in Gurgaon
- Dermatologist in Chandigarh
- Dermatologist in Pune
- Dermatologist in Noida
- Dermatologist in Jaipur
- Dermatologist in Ahmedabad
- Dermatologist in Vadodara
- Dermatologist in Kochi
- Dermatologist in Coimbatore
- Dermatologist in Indore
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App