12 matches found for: Endocrinologists near you
Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
Your First consultation is
Cases done by
No Endocrinologists available currently
Find Endocrinologists on mfine
We live in times when lifestyle diseases like diabetes or thyroid are quite commonplace. While most go for conventional treatments that work well for them, there are a few patients who are unable to control their disease and are referred to an endocrinologist. So, what is different about this kind of doctor?
Let’s first understand what endocrinology means. As the name suggests, endocrinology is a branch of medicine that deals with the endocrine system– pituitary, thyroid, adrenals, ovaries, testes and pancreas. The primary role of these glands is to secrete hormones into the blood. Those who study this branch (endocrinologists) delve deep into the functioning of these glands and the hormones they secrete. Right from metabolism to the biochemical processes in the body, everything is covered under this science.
Unlike a general practitioner, an endocrinologist will be able to guide you on your hormonal conditions and suggest the best possible treatment, as a specialist. They work with both adults and kids. Those who specifically work with kids are called pediatric endocrinologists.
It’s now easy to find an endocrinologist online, right here on mfine.
What do our endocrinologists do?
The endocrinologists at mfine diagnose and treat conditions that impact adrenals. These are glands that are located right on top of your kidneys and regulate blood pressure, stress response, metabolism and sex hormones. Besides, they also cover bone metabolism (osteoporosis), cholesterol and the hypothalamus that’s responsible for the regulation of temperature, hunger and thirst.
The pancreas, a very significant organ that creates insulin and also impacts digestion, is often dealt with by our qualified specialists. While in some cases, patients often recover by taking medication prescribed by general physicians; for others, an in-depth study of their hormones is required. Besides, our endocrinologists also cover illnesses of the parathyroids, pituitary glands, reproductive glands and the thyroid gland that regulates metabolism and development.
All in all, our specialists ensure you receive the best treatment post-diagnosis. In case you require hospitalisation or any other medical intervention, our team will help you get in touch with them!
What do we treat?
- Diabetes mellitus: If you have complications due to severe diabetes, get in touch with endocrinologists on mfine and get proper guidance to manage the symptoms. Apart from this, they will also suggest appropriate treatment.
- Osteoporosis: The endocrine system influences several aspects of bone health. You can seek advice from one of our endocrinologists online and find a solution.
- Menopause: This might be a sensitive issue for most women to discuss, but fret not! Our experts understand your needs and will suggest the best possible treatment to deal with post-menopausal conditions.
- Thyroid issues: The thyroid gland is an important part of the endocrine system and produces and releases hormones into the bloodstream. This gland is responsible for your metabolism and in case the levels are disturbed, you might suffer from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism. You can seek guidance from one of our qualified endocrinologists and resolve your issues!
- Some cancers: While cancer can develop anywhere in the body, there are some that start from the endocrine system. These disturb hormone levels and can cause further problems in the body. Our endocrinologists can help you with timely diagnosis, treatment and advice.
- Other issues: Our endocrinologist can also help you with other hormonal issues, and also concerns such as infertility. Feel free to reach out to our endocrinologists and let them help you restore your health.
Top Hospitals on mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App