Pleuritis - All You Need to Know
Pleuritis is a pulmonary medical condition which affects your lungs and chest. The lining of the lungs and chest becomes inflamed with excessive fluid causing pain in the chest upon coughing and breathing.
Pleuritis develops in around 50% of patients with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. 
- Treatable by medical condition
- Requires medical diagnosis
- Lab tests and Imaging often required
Pleuritis is caused by various factors including â€“ viral infection (Flu or Influenza), bacterial infections like Pneumonia, fungal infections, autoimmune disorders like Rheumatoid arthritis, use of certain medications, lung cancer around the pleural surface, rib fracture, and certain inherited diseases or rib fracture.
The symptoms of Pleuritis include:
- Pain on one side of the chest
- Pain in shoulders and back
- Shallow breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Muscle pain
- Joint pain
These remedies can help alleviate Pleuritis:
- Get adequate rest to assist healing
- Lie on the painful side
The treatment options available for pleuritis includes:
- Thoracoscopy or pleuroscopy
- Antibiotics for bacterial infection upon doctorâ€™s advice
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs upon prescription
- Bronchodilators via inhaler devices
Consulting a chest specialist is the best way to treat diseases. We at mfine provide the best treatment to our clients with a team of specialist doctors. Contact us to receive the right treatment for faster recovery.