Learn About Lumbar Spine and Spinal Disc Disorders
Disorder in the lumbar spine - A syndrome resulting in low back pain because of wear and tear on a spinal disc.
The restorative ability of spinal discs is minimal. #1
- Treatable by medical professionals
- Clinically diagnosable
- Lab tests and imaging are only often required
- Medium term: Over months, the pain from disorder decreases
The tear and wear of the spinal disc is age-related. The disc becomes inflexible, smaller, and more prone to tearing. Disorder in one disc affects the lumbar spine, mainly in the region around it. This is not a true disease and doesnâ€™t worsen with course of time.
The symptoms vary depending on the extremity of disorder in discs and its effects on nearby regions.
Diagnosed by physical examination.
People may experience:
- Tenderness in lower back, and sensitivity due to muscle inflammation
- Leg pain: numbness, weakness, and sharp pain in lower body
- Pain increases or decreases in different postures
- Other severe symptom: reflection of major disorders
Self-care: Apply heat and ice before and after physical activities, respectively.
Medication: Analgesics can be taken to treat pain along. Prescription medications like muscle relaxants or narcotic painkillers can treat intense pain.
Specialists: Epidural steroid injection with massage therapy instructed by specialist can resolve pain for long term. mfine provides smooth, quick, and salubrious treatment. Let us facilitate you with our best doctors.