Pain in right hand: Here’s what you can do
Painful condition experienced primarily in the right hand or arm.
Carpal Tunnel and Arthritis are commonly experienced in the right hand or arm and are the main causes of hand pain.
- Muscle or joint pain in the hand
- Usually self-diagnosable
- Could be both, a mild or severe condition
Pain in the right hand can be caused due to a variety of reasons. The joints in the hand, while allowing for immense dexterity, can also suffer damage over time. Pain in the hand can arise due to the bones, joints, muscles or even the nerves. Common reasons for hand pain include injury, inflammation, nerve damage, health ailments, and repetitive motions.
- The symptoms may vary based on the underlying condition causing the right-hand pain but commonly include the following.
- Dull pain in the wrist and hand
- Stiffness and/ or swelling in joint areas
- Burning sensation in fingers
- Pain or difficulty during hand movements
- Numbness in fingers
Self-care: Avoid lifting heavy objects and repetitive motions.
Medicines: Over-the-counter medicines such as ibuprofen may help relieve the pain. In certain cases, muscle relaxants and steroids may also be prescribed.
Splints: A splint can help rest the hand and wrist and reduce pressure. Hand exercises: Simple hand exercises like rotating the wrists and stretching the fingers can help maintain fluidity in movement.
Physical therapy: In severe cases of pain, physical therapy may be recommended.
Specialists: In case of other concerns, you can consult an orthopedist. At mfine, we offer a detailed and holistic treatment plan for health and wellness