Pain in left hip: All you can do
A lot of pain in the region of the left hip.
Almost 15% of individuals who are above the age of 65 report pain in the hip .
- It is difficult to manage left hip pain as it is not only painful and discomforting, it also slows the individual down due to the location.
- Lab tests and imaging might be required
- It can be treated by a medical practitioner
- It requires a proper medical diagnosis
It can be caused due to Hip dislocation, Injury/ strain on the abdominal wall, Inflammation of the lining of the colon (Colitis), Inflammatory bowel disease, Hip fracture, Colorectal cancer, Growths in the inner lining of the colon, Irritable bowel syndrome, Intestinal obstruction, Ureteral stones, Ureteritis.
On the basis of the causative medical ailment, people can experience pain in the:
- Inside or outside of the hip joint
Self Care: Rest, Ice, Hot and cold compressions and keeping the region elevated will help. Avoid running or lifting heavy weights.
Mediactions: Painkillers prescribed by a doctor would help relieve pain temporarly.
Specialists: It is best to meet with a professional if the pain in the left hip does not resolve within a week after resting and self-caring, and is accompanied by a fever or a rash. mfine caters to different areas of health issues and the perfect course of treatment can be chosen according to your requirements.