Lumbar Muscle Strain: Symptoms And Treatment
Severe lower back pain caused due to excessive strain.
Approximately 20% of individuals with severe lower muscle strain go on to develop chronic lower muscle pain. 
- A lumbar muscle strain that can happen due to overstretching or overexertion of the lower back muscles.
- It requires a proper medical diagnosis
- Lab tests and imaging might be needed
- A medical practitioner can treat it
Abdominal muscle strengthening exercises, swimming, brisk walking, maintaining correct postures, not smoking and maintaining healthy body weight are some ways to avoid lumbar muscle strain.
People can experience:
- Radiating lower back pain that can spread to the buttocks
- Stiffness in the lower back region
- Restricted movement
- Not being able to maintain the regular posture
- Muscle spasms
- Persistent pain
Self Care: Ice and heat compressions along with brief periods of rest can help reduce the pain.
Medication: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines can help provide relief.
Specialists: Consulting a doctor can help you identify the cause of the pain and get it treated. At, mfine, we cater to different areas of health issues and render the perfect course of treatment based on your requirements.