Pain in the cervical spine? Read more about it
Cervicobrachial Syndrome, also known as Cervicobrachialgia is a disorder of the cervical spine with occurence in the arm as well. It is usually a combination of neck complaints and also of the arm.
Cervicobrachial Syndrome causes discomfort in about 32% of the people which can go as long as 5 years.
- Is treatable with proper medication
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Requires lab tests or imaging
- Can be resolved within weeks
The cause of Cervicobrachial Syndrome can be:
- Degenerative changes in the intervertebral discs (Spondylosis)
- Manual work that requires continuous sitting in front of computer
- Moving objects and lifting or overhead work
- Holding the neck in the same position for a long period
The most common symptoms of Cervicobrachial Syndrome are:
- Pain in fingers or shoulders
- Pain in the upper arms
Self-care: Avoiding too much manual work and taking enough rest can be ways to prevent Cervicobrachial Syndrome. Leading a healthy life with proper diet can also avoid the development of this disorder. Developing a correct posture for the body is also important. Also, physical therapy management can also be effective to reduce the case of developing this syndrome.
Medication: The treatment does not require surgical interventions. Doctors may prescribe medications like painkillers, anti-inflammatory medication, and muscle relaxants. Sometimes to reduce the inflammation, a cervical epidural injection of corticosteroids can also be recommended.
Specialists: For other severe kinds, consult a physician at the earliest. We at mfine can help you with various fields of health issues. You can get in touch with us onboard for a holistic treatment program.