Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Everything to Understand About Flat Foot
A condition in which the entire sole touches the floor when standing.
Twenty-five percent of American adults have this condition.
1. Usually self-diagnosable
2. Treatment can help, but it canâ€™t be cured
3. Rarely requires lab test or imaging.
4. Can happen to men, women, and children.
People with flat foot have a very low arch or no arch, which means that their feet may be flat on the ground. This condition generally develops in childhood when the foot arch doesnâ€™t develop. Types of flat feet are flexible flat foot, short Achilles tendon and posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. It can be caused because of genetic factors, nervous system, muscle disease, foot or ankle injury and weak arches.
1. Pain in the feet.
2. Abnormal pressure or stress on the knee and hip may cause pain in these joints.
3. Possible swelling on the arch of the foot, calf, knee, hip, lower back, and legs.
4. Uneven distribution of body weight.
Self-care and therapy:
1. Stretching exercises
2. Physical therapy under an expertâ€™s guidance
3. Rest your feet well
4. Wear supportive shoes
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App