Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
PSP: Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
They are also called as â€œatypical Parkinsonism that is a group of neurological disorders affecting the brain and nerve functions.
Parkinsons Plus Syndrome are diagnosed most often in the middle years of life 50s-60s. The onset of symptoms begins at age of around 60. 
- Hard to diagnose.
- Neurological disorder
- Affects both men and women.
- Treatment options available
- Lab tests, MRI, CT scan may be required.
Parkinsons Plus Syndrome is a group of degenerative neurological disorders that include the symptoms of Parkinsons disease (PD) like tremor, postural instability with added features and abnormalities. The most common types are:
1. Progressive Supranuclear palsy (PSP)
2. Multiple System Atrophy (MSA)
3. Cortical-basal Ganglionic Degeneration (CBGD)
4. Dementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB)
The causes remain unspecified . It is either inherited genetically or occur sporadically.
People may experience:
3. Difficulty with movements
4. Balancing problems.
5. Speech problems
6. Abnormalities in eye movements
7. Gait ataxia - wide based walking
8. Dystonia - abnormal postures
9. Low blood pressure while standing.
Self care - Physical activity, recreational activities like swimming, dance and yoga should be encouraged.
Therapy: Speech therapy is recommended for better communication. Physical therapy and occupational therapy helps in gaining muscle strength and the conduction of everyday task is made easy.
Medications: Certain drugs are helpful to relieve stiffness, make movement easy and manage symptoms.
Specialist: consult a neurologist for more information and immediate help. At mfine, we provide a holistic treatment plan for optimum health.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App