Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹349 ₹599
Epilepsy: Symptoms and Cure
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder characterised by unpredictable seizures due to a sudden alteration behavior in the electrical functioning of the brain.
Epilepsy is the fourth most common disorder, which affects more than 30,000 children under the age of 15 years. 
- Treatment can cure symptoms but the condition cannot be cured
- Lab and Imaging tests may be required
- Usually self-diagnosable
- Long- term condition
- Affects males more than females
The children who are born prematurely are at high risk of developing this condition. People with epilepsy running in their family may increase the risk of developing the condition. Infections of the brain such as meningitis, AIDS and encephalitis increases the risk of epilepsy. too Fever-related seizures are quite common in children below five years old, about repeated seizures may develop into epilepsy. Too much alcohol and drug abuse is a major risk factor which predisposes one to develop epilepsy.
Can affect people of any age. Children under the age of 15 are at a higher risk of developing this condition.
- Temporary confusion
- Staring spell
- Uncontrollable jerking movements of the arms and legs
- Psychic symptoms such as fear or anxiety
- Take the medications as prescribed by the doctors on time
- Get adequate sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Eat a well-balanced diet
The doctors prescribe the following treatments to control the episodes of epilepsy:
- Anti-epileptic medications to be taken orally
- Diet therapy- Some children can be put on a Ketogenic diet to control epilepsy
- Surgery is recommended when oral medications fail to control seizures
A neurologist can best help to control Epilepsy with an effective treatment plan. We, at mfine provide you with the best doctors and cure under one roof with their integrated treatment plan.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App