Allegra M Tablet
Prescription for: Respiratory
Allegra M Tablet Uses
The Allegra-M Tablet is a popular medicine prescribed to treat a variety of allergic conditions such as frequent itching, sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, rashes, and swelling. Allegra allergy tablets work by reducing inflammation in the airways and making breathing easier. Allegra for kids is often administered at a low dosage and should be prescribed only by a general physician once a general health check up or an allergy risk assessment test is done. Most physicians prescribe allegra for cold or allegra for hives.
Side Effects of Allegra M Tablet
- The most common and less serious side effects of taking the Allegra-M tablet include
- frequent feelings of anxiousness and agitation,
- rashes all over the body,
- infection in the airways,
- frequently feeling dizzy or drowsy,
- coughing, and
- painful menstruation.
- Other less common and more serious side effects are
- pain/uneasiness in the stomach,
- chest congestion,
- pain in the joints,
- difficulty in breathing and swallowing,
- the presence of pus in the urine,
- inflammation of the blood vessels (which is referred to as Churg-Strauss syndrome), and
- suicidal thoughts and tendencies.
- Dryness in the mouth is perhaps the most common and frequent side effects witnessable. It is important to increase the intake of water, maintain good oral hygiene and avoid sugary foods in such a case.
- Although there are no serious risks associated with taking Allegra allergy tablets, it is recommended that pregnant women and those lactating consult their doctors before thinking of taking this medicine.
- Taking Allegra-M tablets is not recommended for those with a history of systematic eosinophilia as there are chances of serious complications arising.
- Patients with a history of psychiatric disorders are advised to avoid Allegra-M tablets completely as it might lead to uncontrollable irritability, anxiety, suicidal tendencies, and hyper-agitation.
- Taking Allegra 120 mg or Allegra 180 mg is also not recommended for those less than 15 years of age, as there is no clinical proof for its efficacy and safety yet. If you are planning on using Allegra for kids, make sure you consult with a physician first.
- Patients with a history of liver disease should avoid taking Allegra-M tablets at all costs as there are risks of severe complications arising. It is best for such patients to seek suitable alternatives from their physicians.
- Those with a history of renal diseases are also advised to avoid taking Allegra-M tablets.
- As feelings of dizziness and drowsiness are common to the usage of Allegra-M tablets, driving and operating of heavy machinery is not recommended.
- Allegra-M tablets with a strength of 10mg are generally advised to be taken once a day. Dosage of allegra for hives also depends on factors such as the weight, age, medical history, existing medical conditions and allergy history of the patient concerned.
- Taking a second dose of Allegra-M to make up for a lost dose is not recommended as it might cause serious side effects.
How long does it take for Allegra-M to begin having its effects on the body?
The effects of Allegra allergy tablet can be observed within one or two hours of taking a dosage. This tablet is used to treat allergic reactions such as hay fever, pollen allergies, asthma and other respiratory conditions. Although side effects are rare, there are cases when people experience temporary dizziness nausea or a stuffy nose after taking the medicine.
How long do these effects last?
On an average, the effects last for about 24 hours. The number of times you can take Allegra for cold or allegra for hives depends upon the dosage and your age. In general, an adult should only take a 180 mg tablet only once in a day or a 60 mg tablet twice a day. Children younger than 11 should only take a 30 mg dosage. It’s important to check with your doctor on the dosage as it could vary depending upon a number of factors.
Is it safe to consume alcohol while on Allegra-M medication?
Owing to the possibility of serious liver injuries occurring, combining alcohol and Allegra-M tablets is not advisable. Additionally, having allegra for cold with alcohol can cause excessive drowsiness or dizziness. In general, you should avoid combining alcohol with any type of medication as the combination of the two could have very serious consequences.
Is it possible to get addicted to Allegra-M?
Studies have revealed that Allegra for cold is a non-addictive allergy treatment medication. In fact, most antihistamines have been proven to be non-addictive. It is important, however, that you don’t exceed the recommended daily dosage as this could have harmful consequences on your health.
Medical Advice: Consult General Physician online for right advice. 1st Consultation Free!
Price: Not Available
1st Consultation Free
Consult Top General Physicians Online on mfine
The information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, however, it should not be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. mfine only provides reference source for common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. The absence of a warning for any drug or combination thereof, should not be assumed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. If you have any doubts about medication mentioned above then we strongly recommend you consult with a doctor online on our app.