Choosing the right doctor is one of the most important and personal decisions you would make. Following are seven essential tips to help you choose the right oncologist:
- Research. There are many doctors out there. Decide upon the one you would be comfortable with; someone with a good reputation, communication and soft skills.
- Get the proper referrals. Speak with your family members, colleagues, friends to help you connect with the right doctor.
- Check for licencing and credentials of the oncologist.
- Consider the years of experience of the oncologist.
- Consider the gender of the doctor depending on if you would want to disclose your health condition to them.
- Consider the communication style of the oncologist. Choose a doctor you would get along with quickly. Developing a rapport helps in communicating efficiently with the doctor. If possible, read patient reviews to help you make the right decisions.
- It’s good to know if you would be covered under the insurance plan that you have.
At MFine, we treat your health as our top priority. Book an online appointment, and our specialists will get in touch with you shortly!
You can consult top oncologists near you all from the comfort of your home — Download the MFine app now or visit our website.
- Ask the doctor about your symptoms, problems, medications, and more during your consultation.
- You may have to submit your medical history and records if any, so the doctor can better understand your condition.
- Post teleconsultation, you could also follow up with your doctor online.
- Additionally, you can also buy medicines online and get lab tests done using the MFine app, all from the comfort of your home.