What is PCOS? Know More
PCOS is a health condition in women caused due to excessive release of male hormones like testosterone and are produced by the ovaries.
In more than half of the women, PCOS condition is commonly associated with other health conditions like diabetes, prediabetes, high blood pressure, and unhealthy cholesterol. 
- Requires medical diagnosis
- Lab tests and imaging are required
- Chronic and may last for years
PCOS is identified to be a common cause of infertility and menstrual irregularity. In most of the women suffering from PCOS, it is observed that they have enlarged ovaries with small fluid-filled cysts that can be diagnosed through ultrasound techniques.
The most common symptoms are:
- Weight gain: women with PCOS tend to gain weight
- Irregular periods: Women with PCOS are to said to have less than eight periods a year
- Excessive bleeding: When periods occur, they are observed to be heavier than usual
- Hair growth: especially facial hair and also back, belly, and chest hair are observed
- Excess androgen: There are elevated levels of a male hormone found in PCOS patients
- Polycystic ovaries
There are certain treatments available to treat the symptoms like hair growth and acne. Irregular periods are treated with medications.
Other times, you can also choose surgical procedures to improve fertility.
Birth control pills and diabetes drugs are used in treatment for irregular periods and clomiphene is used to treat infertility.
There are hair removal medicines advisable to get rid of unwanted hair.
At Mfine, you can choose from a wide range of gynecologists. Looking at your symptoms and medical history, our doctors can suggest you with the best possible treatments.
Find more about us â€“ https://www.mfine.co/