Breast Cancer: Everything You Need To Know
Breast cancer is a type of cancer that forms in the cells of the breast.
As per American Cancer Society, more than 40,000 women were expected to die from the disease. 
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Requires breast exams, mammogram, ultrasound, MRI and sample testing for diagnosis
- Affects only women
Breast cancer forms in either the lobules or the ducts of the breast. There are two types: invasive cancer (cancer that spread from breast ducts of glands to other parts of breast) and noninvasive cancer (cancer doesnâ€™t spread from the original tissue). Too much hormonal changes, change in lifestyle and environmental factors increase the risk of breast cancer.
Ages Affected: Those aged between 14-40 years are rarely affected while those above 40 years of age are commonly affected.
- A lump in the breast or tissue thickening that feels different than surrounding tissue and has developed recently
- Breast pain and swelling in all parts of breasts
- Bloody discharge from nipple and an inverted nipple
- Changes in the appearance of the skin on your breasts
- A lump of swelling under your arm
Self-Care: You might be asked to continue with gentle exercise, managing stress and getting into some action to keep yourself emotionally happy.
Surgery: Your doctor might perform surgeries like lumpectomy, mastectomy, and sentinel node biopsy.
Specialists: At mfine, you can connect with specialists who would guide you better about this disease and would offer you a holistic treatment program.