The gallbladder is the pear-shaped four-inch organ which is positioned below the liver in upper right part of the abdomen. It stores a combination of fluids, bile, cholesterol, and fat. Bile helps in breaking down of the fat from the food present in the intestine. The gallbladder passes the bile into the small intestine. As a result, permits the fat-soluble nutrients and vitamins to easily be absorbed into the bloodstream. People can suffer from problems related to the gallbladder from time to time. There can be several diseases affecting the gallbladder such as inflammation of the gallbladder, choledocholithiasis, etc.
The common symptoms of a problem in the gallbladder are as follows:
- Vomiting or Nausea
- Chills or Fever
- Chronic diarrhea
- Unusual Urine or Stool
There are various causes that disrupt the normal function of the gallbladder such as follows:
- Cholecystitis: Inflammation in the gallbladder which can be short-term (acute) or long-term (chronic).
- Cholelithiasis: A common cause for the pain in the gallbladder is the gallstones.
- Choledocholithiasis: Gallstones in the bile duct can lead to the formation of stones known as the ‘secondary stones’.
- Infection in the common bile duct: Infection in the common bile duct develops if it is obstructed.
- Abscess Formation: A percentage of the people with the gallstones can develop abscess in a gallbladder.
- Gallstone Ileus: Another common cause of the problem of the gallbladder faced by old people of more than 65 years of age is intestinal blockage due to a gallstone.
- Perforation in the Gallbladder: If gallstones are not treated on time it can lead to widespread, life-threatening abdominal condition.
Gallbladder and Cholelithiasis
A common disease of the gallbladder is cholelithiasis. It is caused due to the presence of gallstones in the gallbladder. Generally, the gallstones are asymptomatic but they cause pain when they obstruct the pancreatic, bile or cystic duct. The gallstone formation is initiated with bile secretion supersaturated with the cholesterol from the liver.
Diagnosis of Problems in the Gallbladder
At mfine, you can get in touch with the gallbladder specialist who can recommend tests for detecting problems in the gallbladder. The tests are liver tests that can give evidence of disease in the gallbladder; ultrasound testing, CT scan, abdominal X-ray, complete blood count and checking the lipase or the amylase level in the blood for looking for inflammation in the pancreas.
Understanding the Problems of the Gall Bladder
Symptoms and signs of problems in the gallbladder can appear and subside from time to time. Problems can frequently recur in the gallbladder if a patient already had been suffering from gallbladder problems. The solution to gallbladder problems is immediate action.
Treatment of problems related to the gallbladder includes the removal of the gallbladder or the gallstones by surgical procedure. Find efficient general surgeons at mfine who can carry out laparoscopic surgery by placing ‘small incisions’ in the abdomen.
Contact gallbladder doctors near me at mfine for effective treatment.