Epididymo-orchitis: All you need to know about
Epididymo-orchitis is the infection/inflammation of the epididymis (the tube that carries and store sperm) and testis.
2.45 cases per 1000 men in the United Kingdom are encountered with this condition of Epididymo-orchitis.
- Protective sexual intercourse reduces the risk
- Antibiotics can effectively clear the infection
- Medical diagnosis of required
- Men having mumps at teenage are at more risk
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) is the main cause in men under the age of 35 years.
STI (Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhea) is the main cause in sexually active men of all ages. Other causes include Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) in men over 35 years, mumps, tuberculosis, Behcetâ€™s syndrome, brucellosis, amiodarone use.
Severe Pain and swelling in testicles are the common symptoms.
People may experience
Pain areas â€“ testicle or scrotum, groin, back pain
Tenderness in scrotum
Self-Care: Bed rest, abstaining from sexual intercourse during treatment, scrotal support
Medications: To be taken on doctorâ€™s prescription only.
Specialists: Contact a physician for clinical diagnosis and treatment. You can also consult doctors/physicians at Mfine to get advice. Visit today and get on board with Mfine AI diagnostic system.