Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
by General Physicians
What is Syringoma and how it is treated?
Syringomas are small benign tumors which can be found near the lower eyelid and on the upper cheeks. Rarely, they can be found on chest, abdomen, or genitals. They are harmless and their growth is due to the overactiveness of the sweat gland.
Syringomas are more common in women.
- Usually, develop in young adulthood but can occur at any age.
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Not harmful
Syringoma can be due to the increase in activity of the sweat gland, which causes a tumor to grow. In addition, it can also occur due to genetics, Down Syndrome, Diabetes Mellitus, Marfan's Syndrome, or Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome.
- Small bumps of about 1 to 3 millimeters near lower eyelid or upper cheeks
- Bumps of either yellow or flesh colored
- Bumps appear in symmetrical clusters on either side of the face
- Eruptive syringomas are usually found on the chest or abdomen
- Eruptive syringomas appear as multiple lesions appearing at the same time.
- Syringomas are not itchy or painful
Syringomas are not harmful but the patient might choose to have it treated due to cosmetic reasons. There are two ways to treat it: medication and surgery.
The doctor may prescribe medicines which will make the bumps shrivel and fall off after few days. The doctor may also prescribe over-the-counter ointments to improve the skin around bumps.
The specialists might suggest surgery such as Laser removal, Electric cauterization, and Cryotherapy to remove the bumps. Contact mfine to get the best solutions to any disease.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App