Hard palate oral ulcer: This is what you can do
Mouth ulcers in the hard palate
25% of the global population is estimated to be influenced by oral ulcers .
- The hard palate of the body is defined as the bony front region of the roof of the mouth.
- Usually, these oral ulcers are recurring and can resolve in a short period of time, usually 2 weeks.
- They are Oral ulcers in the hard palate could be indicative of a number of causative medical ailments such as Burns, Cold sores, Canker sores, and Oral cancer.
If the ulcer does not heal within two weeks, an evaluation by a medical professional is important to rule out cancer.
People can experience:
- Clustered small ulcers that pain
- Discomfort or pain in eating
- Burning sensations
- Inability to eat/drink due to pain
Self Care: To avoid any pain or discomfort due to eating, it is best to consume softer foods and liquids.
Medications: Over the counter ulcer medications are available that can provide relief to some extent.
Specialists: It is crucial to consult a specialist regarding an unhealing oral ulcer. mfine caters to different areas of health issues and the perfect course of treatment can be chosen according to your requirements.