NUD: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments
Patients suffer from indigestion and other symptoms, suggesting an ulcer without an abnormality.
NUD is usually diagnosed in young adults with women being affected more often than men.
- Affects both sexes
- Treatment options available
- Lab tests, scans, imaging may be required
NUD, also known as non-ulcer stomach pain is a functional disorder that has several subtypes with some patients suffering from symptoms such as those of an ulcer, whereas others suffer symptoms more often associated with gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) or slow stomach emptying or gastroparesis.
Causes remain unclear. It is considered as a functional disorder.
1. Older age
3. Anxiety or depression
4. History of childhood physical or sexual abuse
5. Female gender
6. Certain pain relievers that can cause stomach problems
People may experience:
1. Shortness of breath
2. A burning sensation feeling or discomfort in the upper abdomen or lower chest
3. Abdominal pain
6. Anxiety and depression
7. Bloody vomit
9. Dark and tarry stools
10. Unexplained weight loss
11. Pain radiating to jaw, neck, or arm
Self-care: Healthy diet, smoking cessation, amendments to alcohol habits are recommended.
Medications: Certain antacids or acid-suppressing are helpful to obtain relief.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if symptoms persist. Mfine provides a comprehensive treatment plan for optimum health.