What is Nail Disorder?
Nail disorders affect the appearance of nails.
Green spots on your nails may be fungi or mold.(1)
- Nail culture, biopsy, and physical exam are often referred.
- Can affect both men and women.
- Medicines are available to treat many nail disorders.
- Nail disorders can arise at any age.
Nail disorders are a large group of conditions that can possibly affect the appearance of fingernails and toenails. Nails have the capability of revealing a lot about your childs health. Infections that caused by bacteria, fungus or viruses, underlying conditions and inherited ailments can all cause abnormalities.
- Inflammation under and around the nails
- Changes in nail color
- Brittle nails
- Bumpy or grooved nails
People may experience:
- Hair loss
- Split nails
- Thin nails
- Nails that look different can be upsetting to children and teens.
- Do not bite or tear at your nails, or pull on hangnails.
- Always use nails clippers and trim them after you bathe, when nails are still soft.
- Keep your nails dry and clean.
Medication: Medicines are available to treat nail infections and reduce symptoms. Types of medicines used to treat nail disorders include:
- Anti-inflammatory creams
Specialist: When nothing else seems to work consider seeing a dermatologist.
At mfine, we are here to help you with different areas of health issues, come on board for a holistic treatment program.