Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
by General Physicians
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Everything To Know
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a debilitating disorder characterized by extreme fatigue or tiredness.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have suggested that CFS may be the end stage of multiple different conditions, rather than one unique condition.(1)
- Not self-diagnosable
- Requires laboratory tests and image testing
- Commonly occurs in women
CFS may occur because of environmental or genetic factors. The main symptom is fatigue for over 6 months. The fatigue often worsens with activity but does not improve with rest. People with CFS appear to be hypersensitive to even normal amounts of exercise and activity.
Age affected: between 6-18 - rare; between 19-40 - most often; above 40 - often.
The main symptom is fatigue for over 6 months. Other includes:
- Post-exertional malaise, where your symptoms get worse after any physical or mental activity.
- Loss of memory or concentration.
- Frequent headaches, muscle pains, and chronic insomnia.
- Multi-joint pains with swelling or redness.
- A sore throat and swollen lymph nodes in neck and armpits.
Self-care: You can self-treat it with stress management and relaxation techniques.
Medications: Your doctor may prescribe you with an antidepressant to relax your mood and prevent depression.
Specialists: Consult your doctor. At mfine, you can connect psychologist or a specialist who would help you get rid of this health issue with a comprehensive treatment program.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App