Affected with HIV- All you need to know
Asymptomatic human immunodeficiency syndrome virus (AIDS) is a chronic and life-threatening condition which is caused by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). HIV interferes with the bodyâ€™s ability by damaging the immune system and to fight organisms that cause diseases.
India has the third largest HIV epidemic around the globe.
- Spreads by sexual contact
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests or imaging required
- Treatment can help but the condition cannot be cured
HIV is spread from person to person through sexual contact, sharing needles, during pregnancy, labor or delivery, during breastfeeding or transmission through blood transfusion. There is no cure for HIV/AIDS, but there are medications that can drastically slow down its progression.
Individuals aged 10 to 24 years old are most likely to be diagnosed with this condition. It can affect older adults too.
The symptoms of HIV/AIDS include:
- Sore throat and painful mouth sores
- Muscle ache and joint pain
- Swollen lymph glands
- Oral yeast infection
These steps can help alleviate HIV/AIDS:
- Always have protected sex
- Using clean and sterilised needles
- Be honest about having HIV with your partner
- Consider male circumcision
The treatment options for anti-HIV drugs include:
- Non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors
- Nucleoside or nucleotide reverse transcriptase inhibitors
- Protease inhibitors
- Entry or fusion inhibitors
- Integrase inhibitors
Referring to a certified internal medicine specialist for treating a chronic disease like HIV/AIDS is vital. We at mfine provide the best treatment to our clients with a team of specialist doctors to provide you with the best services. Contact us to avail the best treatments.