Norwalk virus and complications
Norovirus infection is a type of viral gastroenteritis. It can cause severe vomiting and diarrhoea.
Most people recover in one or two days and have no long-term health effects. 
- It is highly contagious.
- At present there is no vaccine to prevent human norovirus infection
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Treatable by medical professional
- A stool test may be required.
Methods of transmission are through eating contaminated food, drinking contaminated water, being in contact with a person who has norovirus infection, touching hand to mouth after it has been in contact with the contaminated surface. It mostly occurs in a closed and crowded environment such as hospitals, nursing homes, and schools.
- Watery or loose diarrhoea
- Low-grade fever
- Muscle pain
- Abdominal pain or cramps
- Eat a small and bland diet that may limit vomiting such as soup, banana, and yogurt.
- Take plenty of fluids.
Medication: Doctors may prescribe medicines to prevent vomiting or diarrhoea.
Specialist: It is necessary to get the condition checked by a specialist. If it worsens, it can lead to dehydration. Contact mfine and come on board to get the holistic treatment. We make sure to give the best treatment so that you can get a healthy body as soon as possible.