Helicobacter Pylori Gastritis- The Bacterial Infection
H. Pylori is a bacterial pathogen which grows in the digestive tract and can attack the stomach lining. The ‘H’ is short for Helicobacter. “Helico” means spiral and “Bacter” is bacteria.
People infected with Helicobacter Pylori bacteria have 2 to 6 fold increased chances of developing gastric cancer. 
H. Pylori is:
- Treatable by a medical professional
- Requires a medical diagnosis
- Lab tests and imaging required
- Very common among people of any age
- Can take months to be cured
People who are at risk of developing Helicobacter Pylori are:
- If someone is living in a developing country
- Children are affected more easily
- Sharing a house with someone infected with this disease
- Live in an overcrowded house
- Having no access to hot water that can be used to clean areas and free from bacteria
The common symptoms of Helicobacter Pylori are:
- Abdominal pain
- Excessive burping
- Feeling bloated
- Lack of appetite
- Weight loss
The cause of Helicobacter Pylori is unknown. The bacteria has been coexisting with human since long. The infection spread from one person to another or through contaminatd water and food.
Selfcare: There is no such method to avoid the development of this bacteria through controlling lifestyle. However, smoking, drinking alcohol, eating spicy food can worsen the condition of ulcers and prevent it from getting healed properly.
Medication: Doctor may prescribe triple therapy treatment which would include clarithromycin, proton pump inhibitors, pantoprazole, metronidazole, amoxicillin. Usually, several rounds of antibiotics are needed to completely tackle the disease.
Specialists: For other kinds consult a physician. Visit mfine website for more information about various health issues. Also, you can come onboard for a holistic treatment program.