Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Stretch Marks: How to Treat Them?
They typically appear as a band of parallel lines on your skin.
About 50 percent of women experience stretch mark during pregnancy. 
1. Requires tests like urine, blood or image testing for diagnosis.
2. Most common on your stomach, breasts, upper arms, thighs, and buttocks.
3. Can happen to both, men and women.
Stretch marks are the result of skin stretching and increased cortisone in ones body. These lines are a different color and texture than your normal skin, and they range from purple to bright pink to light grey. Women or people with pale skin are more prone to stretch marks. People who are on corticosteroid medications may also be at a higher risk of developing stretch marks.
Age affected: Most common in teenagers and pregnant women.
- Pink and thin skin.
- Irritation and itchiness on the skin.
- Red, purple, pink, reddish-brown or dark brown marks on the skin.
- Wrinkly and raised streaks.
Self-care: Various creams, gels, and lotions are available in the market to treat stretch marks.
Therapy: Doctors may prescribe pulsed eye therapy and fractional photothermolysis to encourage the growth of collagen and elastin in your body.
Specialists: Consult a doctor if the symptoms are evident and the condition worsens. At mfine, we provide accurate diagnosis and comprehensive treatment plans for all health concerns under a team of qualified doctors.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App