Lichen nitidus: All you need to be aware of
A skin condition that causes an eruption of tiny, flesh-colored bumps on the surface of your skin.
In two-thirds of the cases, the infection clears on its own without any treatment.
- Curable on it s own without any treatment
- Requires biopsy for diagnosis
- Noninfectious and harmless
- Happens to both men and women
It is caused as a result of abnormal inflammation in skin cells, but what causes the inflammation of skin cells is still unknown. It is a rare condition and hence there has not been sufficient opportunity to study the disease.
Ages Affected: Less than 18 - rare & 19 and above - very rare
Fever, itching around the bumps, and excretion of pus from the bumps
It is a harmless condition and does not affect your health in any manner.
- Following a healthy diet without consuming refined sugar, fats, and junk foods
- Refraining from alcohol and smoking
- Applying crushed garlic on the bumps to negate itching
Medication: Use ointments and antihistamines on the advice of your doctor. Phototherapy can also be used if the condition is prolonging.
Specialist: At mfine, we offer the best treatment for a wide range of diseases and infections. Book an appointment with us and safeguard your health.