Grade 4 acne – A Brief Overview
Acne is a common condition which is characterized by pimples, papules or spots on your face, back, shoulders, neck, chest and upper arms. It varies through grade 1 to grade 4. Grade 1 being the mildest and grade 4 being the most severe.
It affects 3 in 4 people between the ages of 11 to 30 years.
• It is a chronic condition
• Long term condition- may take months or years to completely resolves
• May require diagnostic tests
• Treatable by medical professionals
A simple visual inspection by a dermatologist can identify the grade of acne you are suffering from. The four major factors which cause acne are:
• Excess oil production
• Hair follicles clogged by oil, leading to dead skin cells
• Hormonal imbalance
Acne usually begins at teenage but can affect people of all ages. Adult acne is more common in women.
• Small red, tender bumps
• Large, solid, pustules with pus at the tips
• Painful lesions beneath the surface of the skin
The following self-care measures can help to deal with acne more effectively:
• Wash your face with a gentle cleanser
• Use over the counter acne gels
• Avoid irritants like hairstyling products or greasy make-up
• Protract your skin from sun
• Avoid pricking on acne
• Shower after strenuous activities
The dermatologists usually prescribe a combination of these treatments to battle grade 4 acne:
• Lasers and photodynamic therapy
• Chemical peel
• Steroid Injections
Consult a dermatologist specializes in the treatment of acne. We at mfine have the best specialists to provide you with an integrated treatment plan for all health problems. Get on board with us for a holistic treatment plan.