Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Fungal Skin Infections: Symptoms and Treatment
Fungal infections occur when the immune system cannot handle when an invading fungus takes over an area of the body.
Fungal infections of the skin, hair, or nails, have affected over 1 billion people across the world. 
-Treatment is available
- Medium Term: Usually resolves within two weeks
Fungal infections are widespread. Fungi can live in plants, soil, air, water, and even in the human body. Fungi can be of two types - helpful and harmful. Harmful fungi can be difficult to kill when they enter the human body. A person getting better can be re-infected by harmful fungi.
There can be various types of fungal skin infections, each having different symptoms:
● Athlete’s Foot: Redness, cracking or peeling of the skin, scaling of the skin, stinging, itching or burning sensation in the infected area.
● Jock Itch: Red rash in a circular shape, rash with raised edges, and dry peeling of the skin.
● Coconut Oil: Fatty acids present in coconut oil help destroy fungal infection when applied to the infected area.
● Cranberry Juice: Helps prevent fungal growth by correcting the Ph levels of urine.
Medications: A doctor may prescribe topical antifungals in the form of an ointment or cream base that should be applied directly on the infected area, oral antifungals in capsules or tablet can be consumed, or intravenous antifungals in the form of injections can be taken.
Specialists: See you specialist when any of the symptoms occur. At mfine, you will receive guidance on which antifungal medicines should be taken and how.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App