Female pattern alopecia a quick guide about the condition
The female pattern baldness is also known as alopecia is a hair loss condition which affects women, leaving bald patches on their scalp. The hair grows thinner and finer.
It affects more than 55% percent of women in India annually.
- A physical examination of the scalp is required
- Lab tests may be required
- Can affect men and women
The common causes for female pattern alopecia are:
- Genetic predisposition which runs in the family
- Hormonal imbalance
- Autoimmune disease
- Long-term illness
- Medications for cancer treatment
- Traction alopecia
Ages affected Women above the age of 40 are more likely to suffer from female pattern alopecia.
The common symptoms of female pattern alopecia include:
- Losing too much hair thinning
- Hair breaking easily
- Bald patches starting from the crown
Self- Care: Female pattern baldness can be prevented by adopting the following measures:
- Limit hair treatments like perming, straightening and hair extensions
- Eat a protein rich diet
- Protect hair from damage by wearing hats
- Avoid brushing wet and fragile hair
Medication: The treatments usually administered by the dermatologist to treat female pattern alopecia include:
- Monoxide tropical solutions
- Oral medications
- Hair transplant
- Laser treatments
Specialists: Early diagnosis and treatment can prevent further hair loss issues. To get the appropriate treatment, it is recommended to visit a board-certified dermatologist for evaluation and treatment. We at mfine are here to provide the best treatment to all your health problems. Get in touch with us to receive the best diagnosis and most effective treatments.