Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
Eczema can be termed as a condition where patches of skin become inflamed, itchy, cracked, and rough. Eczema can also get triggered by the environmental factors such as smoke and pollen, sometimes blister can occur. Eczema Treatment focuses on healing the damaged skin and reducing symptoms. There is not yet an effective medication for eczema, but symptoms can be alleviated.
One of the most important things to remember in such a condition is that eczema and its symptoms are different for everyone. Eczema appears in different areas of the body and at different times. Moreover, it may not look the same on you as it does on anyone else. Therefore, it is important to get in touch with a general physician or pediatrician to understand about this condition in detail.
Following are the symptoms of eczema that can vary from person to person:
- Dry or thickened skin
- Itching – Which can be severe during night time
- Red Patches – It occurs more often on hands, feet, ankles, wrists, neck, upper chest, eyelids, inside the bend of the elbows and knees
- Swollen skin due to scratching
- Rough, leathery or scaly patches on the skin
There is no specific cause of eczema, but it is believed to develop due to a combination of environmental and genetic factors. Children are more often develop eczema if a parent has had the condition or another atopic disease. Eczema occurs when you come into direct contact with an allergen and the condition is known as a delayed allergy. Some common triggers for eczema include:
- Irritants – Soaps, detergents, shampoos and juices from fresh fruits
- Allergens – Dust mites, pollens, mold and dandruff can cause eczema
- Food – Consumption of dairy products, egg, nuts and wheat can cause eczema
- Stress - This is not a direct cause of eczema but can make the symptoms worse
Eczema and Atopic Dermatitis
The term eczema is replaceable with atopic dermatitis. However, each type of eczema, including atopic dermatitis, has dissimilar symptoms and treatment methods. Atopic refers to a collection of diseases involving the immune system, which includes atopic dermatitis, hay fever and asthma. Atopic Dermatitis is a skin condition caused by inflammation that makes your skin red and itchy.
Eczema treatment for the condition aims to heal the affected skin and reduces the symptoms. A general physician or pediatrician will suggest a plan of treatment based on an individual's age, symptoms, and the current state of health. Following things can help people with eczema to improve their skin health and alleviate symptoms:
- Taking bath with lukewarm water
- Wearing clothes that are not tight fitted and avoid rough and scratchy fibers
- Using a mild soap or a non-soap cleanser
- Apply moisturizer after taking a bath to lock in moisture
- Keep your fingernails short to prevent breakage of the skin by scratching
Through mfine you will be able to get connected with the most renowned dermatologist near you. For eczema treatment, mfine allows you to get proper guidance and lifestyle recommendations through their dermatologist online consultation service.
Find the most experienced dermatologist near you through mfine for your eczema treatment.
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App