Do you experience an abnormal heartbeat rate sometimes? Here’s why
Irregular heart-beat (often rapid) which can increase the rate of stroke or heart problems.
1 in 10 people above the age of 80 years have this heart condition
- Needs to get checked if the pain prolongs
- Tests like ECG and Echocardiogram are done to diagnose atrial fibrillation
- It is treatable or not depends upon since how long the atrial fibrillation was present
- Treatment includes resetting the rhythm, preventing blood clots and decreasing the risk of strokes
Atrial fibrillation as the name suggests is the irregular rhythm of the heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure, and other heart-related problems. What exactly happens is, the atria beat irregularly in non-coordination with the ventricles. Episodes of atrial fibrillation come and go or some may develop atrial fibrillation that doesnâ€™t go away and requires treatment.
Ages affected- Typically in men above the age of 80 years
Weakness, fatigue, lightheadedness are all the reasons one must visit the doctor for a physical examination
People may experience
- Reduced skill to exercise
- Chest pain
- Breath shortness
Self-care: Atrial fibrillation episodes come and go; it might get well on its own. But if it prolongs, a visit to the hospital is required.
Medications: Medications like a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker can be used to treat specific symptoms of atrial fibrillation.
Specialists: Consult a cardiologist for proper treatment. We at mfine provide you with solutions to your entire medical related queries and online support 24*7.