Prescription for: Personal Health
Postpone-72 Tablet contains Levonorgestrel as a major ingredient.
Key benefits/uses of Postpone-72 Tablet:-
- Used for emergency contraception.
- Provides a safe and effective way to prevent an unintended pregnancy after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.
Direction for use/Dosage:
- Take one tablet as soon as possible, not later than 72 hours of unprotected sex or contraceptive failure or as directed by the physician.
Indication: Emergency contraception.
- The medicine is not intended to be used as a regular form of birth control.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose.
- Read the instruction leaflet/label carefully before use.
- Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
- Use under medical supervision
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Postpone-72?It is an emergency contraceptive tablet which is used in case of unprotected sex or contraceptive failure to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
- When is it appropriate to take Postpone-72 tablet?You should take it only in emergency situations such as unprotected sex. contraceptive failure (eg. broken condom) or irregular use of your birth control pills.
- How should I take Postpone-72?Take one tablet as soon as possible. not later than 72 hours of unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.
- How effective is Postpone-72?The sooner you take it. the more effective it is. Postpone-72 significantly reduces your chances of becoming pregnant if used within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.
- What are the side effects of Postpone-72?It is almost safe for all women. Some common side effects such as nausea. vomiting. headache and lower abdominal pain may occur. Your breasts may become more tender than usual. There is a possibility of unexpected vaginal bleeding. but this should clear up by the time you get your next period. Your periods may become irregular. Go for a pregnancy test if they are delayed by more than a week.
- Can I take Postpone-72 during breastfeeding?Yes. it is safe during breastfeeding. It is unlikely to cause any significant effect on milk quantity that can affect the infant adversely.
- How often can I use Postpone-72?It can be taken more than once in a month but it is advised only for emergency contraception. Keep using regular contraception like condoms. regular birth control pills. IUDs etc. for avoiding unwanted pregnancy.
- Is a pregnancy test required after taking Postpone-72?Although Postpone-72 significantly reduces your chances of pregnancy. if your periods are delayed by more than a week. a pregnancy test is recommended. However. if you decide on continuing the pregnancy. you may do so as Postpone-72 does not work if pregnancy has already been established. It does not cause harm to the foetus.
- Can Postpone-72 be taken for regular birth control?No. it is not indicated for regular birth control. It is used only as an emergency measure after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure.
- Can Postpone-72 protect against Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs) and HIV / AIDS?No. it does not offer any protection from HIV / AIDS or other Sexually Transmitted Disease (STDs). You can use condoms to protect yourself from STDs and HIV / AIDS.
- What is the difference between ’emergency contraceptive pill’ and ‘abortion pill’?Pregnancy starts once the fertilized egg gets attached to the lining of the uterus (womb). Abortion pills contain medicine. which hinders the development of a pregnancy after it has occurred and also alters the character of the womb lining in a way that the fertilized egg gets detached. hence causing abortion. On the other hand. emergency contraceptive pills like Postpone-72 contain female hormones which delay the release of the egg or prevent movement of sperm towards the egg. This prevents fertilization and hence pregnancy. Postpone-72 does not have any effect on a fertilized egg and hence does not cause abortion.
- Is Postpone-72 effective if frequent act
Medical Advice: Consult General Physician online for right advice. 1st Consultation Free!
Price: Not Available
1st Consultation Free
Consult Top General Physicians Online on mfine
The information provided here is accurate, up-to-date and complete, however, it should not be treated as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. mfine only provides reference source for common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. The absence of a warning for any drug or combination thereof, should not be assumed to indicate that the drug or combination is safe, effective, or appropriate for any given patient. If you have any doubts about medication mentioned above then we strongly recommend you consult with a doctor online on our app.