Vaginal discharge is due to vaginal secretions containing cervical mucus. This can be different shades including white, yellow and a clear shade.
On an average, in women, Vagina excretes around 4 ml of white discharge daily. 
- White discharge is also known as leucorrhea
- It is common in women and may occur during ovulation or just before the menstrual period
and is generally odorless
- Mostly lasts for short duration and rarely longer
- Lab tests and imaging are required in case it is chronic
- Color and odor of the discharge may vary
The milky white discharge may be a sign of pregnancy. While a thick, white, sticky discharge may just correspond to normal vaginal health.
A thinner discharge gradually becoming thicker and opaque as you near the period is perfectly normal. However, a strong odor may be a sign of infection.
A clumpy and cottage cheese like discharge may indicate a yeast infection.
People may experience:
- In case of a yeast infection, vaginal itching and burning may occur
- In instances of a bacterial infection, the discharge has a strong fishy odor
Maintaining good hygiene and usage of pH products may help.
White discharge due to mild infection can be treated with over-the-counter medications.
Sometimes, the diagnosis cannot be based on vaginal discharge alone. Symptoms as in infection such as irritation, itchiness, and burning may indicate a problem and this also may be a call for medical help. So, here at mfine, we connect you to gynecologists with good expertise in the field. All you have to do is install the app and the medical help is just a click away with our specialist reaching out to you within 60 seconds. All this from the comfort of your home, â€˜cause its always â€˜youâ€™ we care about. Stay healthy!
Reach us at- https://www.mfine.co/