Book Pregnancy Test in Noida
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
What's the process to book a pregnancy test in Noida?
What is a Pregnancy Test Used For?
A pregnancy test is used for identifying the hormone called hCG. The hCG can be found in urine as well as in the blood.
What is included in a Pregnancy Test?
Blood tests and urine tests are the two common types of pregnancy tests.
- Blood test: Blood tests are not as common as the urine test. However, the detection of pregnancy is early in the blood test. There are two types of blood tests and they are a quantitative hCG test and a quantitative hCG test.
- A qualitative hCG test: This test is a simple test where the result is either yes or no. The test can confirm pregnancy as early as 10 days after conception.
- A quantitative hCG test: In this test, the exact amount of hCG is calculated. This test is also helpful in detecting other health problems during pregnancy. Chemical pregnancy and ectopic pregnancy can be detected with the help of a quantitative hCG test.
- Urine test: This is a home pregnancy test that is private, convenient, quick, and easy to use.
Pregnancy Test Procedure
|Urine Test||Blood Test|
|Hold the stick along the urine stream/dip the stick in a cup where the urine is collected/use 2-3 drops of urine. Wait for the mentioned time and check for a second red line on the stick.
If there are two red lines, then please consult the doctor to confirm the test results.
|A blood sample is collected from the vein just like any other blood test. Then the collected sample is further analysed.
If the test is a qualitative hCG test, then the report will be in yes or no.
If the test is a quantitative hCG test, then the report will have the exact amount of hCG present in the body.
How to Prepare for a Pregnancy Test?
|Before test||During test|
|Use the first-morning urine for the test. This is required because the morning urine has more hCG, therefore, there are high chances of getting an accurate result.
Do not overload yourself with fluids as it may dilute the urine.
Follow the instructions before taking the test.
|Use a timer. This is to make sure that you are not reading the result a minute earlier or late than what is prescribed.
Use a cup. Most of the home pregnancy test kits recommend directly using the stick in your urine stream. It is perfectly fine to use a cup to avoid mess.
Things to consider after the Pregnancy Test is completed.
If the test result is positive, make an appointment with the doctor to confirm the results. Apart from that, having a healthy diet, regular exercises, staying hydrated and quitting smoking and alcohol are some of the lifestyle changes that need to be incorporated.
If the test result is negative, do not panic. Consult your doctor and try to understand what went wrong if you were planning to conceive.
What Type of Infections can a Pregnancy Test Detect?
Usually, when a pregnancy test is done, the levels of hCG can be detected either through a blood test or urine test. During a blood test, the hCG can be detected after 10 days of conception. While in urine test, the hCG is detected after 12-14 days of conception. However, during the pregnancy test, there are chances for false-positive results and this can be due to the following reasons.
- Urinary tract infections: The false positive pregnancy test is obtained when there is a serious urinary tract infection.
- Ectopic pregnancy: In an ectopic pregnancy, the fertilized egg travels and does not get attached to the uterus. Instead, it gets attached to the fallopian tube, cervix, or abdominal cavity. This results in a false positive as the embryo still produces hCG. This is a medical emergency.
- Chemical pregnancy and Post Abortion: A few weeks after Abortion and chemical pregnancy, Beta HCG becomes false positive.
- Fertility treatment: During fertility treatment, there are chances of getting a false positive. If the pregnancy test is taken within 7-14 days after fertility treatment, there are high chances of false positives.
- Tumours: Such as paraneoplastic syndrome, trophoblast tumours also secrete beta hCG, leading to false-positive results.
How much does the Pregnancy Test Cost?
The cost of a pregnancy test may vary from city to city. However, the price may be between ₹100 and ₹250. From the below table, you can book the test:
|City Name||Starting Price|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Bangalore||₹ 112.5|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Delhi||₹ 154|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Kolkata||₹ 190|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Chennai||₹ 240|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Mumbai||₹ 210|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Hyderabad||₹ 72|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Noida||₹ 154|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Gurgaon||₹ 154|
|Book Pregnancy Test in Pune||₹ 152|
How long does it take to get Pregnancy Test Results?
The test results will be updated on the MFine app within the next 24-48 hours after the test sample is collected.
Is the Pregnancy Test Definitive?
Most of the time, home pregnancy tests are accurate when the given instructions are followed. However, getting either a blood test or a urine test to confirm the pregnancy is recommended.
How to Read the Pregnancy Blood Test Report?
The pregnancy blood test report is given in milli-international units per millilitre (mUI/mL). During pregnancy, the hCG level rises in the first trimester and then slowly declines.
The normal levels of hCG in:
- Non-pregnant women: Less than 5 mUI/mL
- Healthy men: Less than 2 mUI/mL
|14 weeks||24,302 – 93,646|
|15 weeks||12,540 – 69,747|
|16 weeks||8,904 – 55,332|
|17 weeks||8,240 – 51,793|
|18 weeks||9,649 – 55,271|
Why book a pregnancy test in Noida?
- A pregnancy test is done to confirm pregnancy. It's a more reliable test than a urine test for pregnancy. A pregnancy test is also done to determine the foetus's age, diagnose miscarriage, and monitor conditions like Down's syndrome.