Consult City's Top Doctors, The Minute You Need To
First Consultation starting
@ ₹249 ₹499
by General Physicians
Vesicles: All You Need to Know About Vesicles
Vesicles are small, fluid-filled sacs that appear on your skin. The fluid inside these sacs may be clear, white, yellow, or mixed with blood.
- Common causes include allergies, dermatitis, contact dermatitis, etc
- They are often easy to recognize and self-diagnosable
- A doctor should always be consulted for unexplained vesicles
- Diagnosis is done through the testing of a sample of fluid or a biopsy of the skin tissue
- A full recovery can be made if caused by an allergic reaction
Vesicles are sometimes referred to as blisters or bullae despite the slight size differences.
Vesicles are typically about 5 to 10 mm in diameter, whereas larger sacs are classified as blisters. Bullae have a diameter of at least half a centimeter.
- Small boils on the skinâ€™s surface that swell with fluid.
- The fluid may turn yellow or crusty when vesicles rupture and release their fluid.
- The appearance of a rash at the spot of multiple vesicles.
- Infections such as staph infections and bacterial infections.
- Contact dermatitis.
Self-care: The area should be washed with soap and water. Over-the-counter (OTC) antibiotic ointment can be used to prevent infection. The area should be covered with a clean bandage to protect it. Aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, and tea tree oil products can be used as they contain anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties.
Medication: OTC remedies may be recommended for vesicles caused by allergic reaction, dermatitis, poison ivy, or cold sores. Topical ointments can soothe the skin. Antihistamines may help reduce allergy-related symptoms. Vesicles caused by eczema are often treated with topical medications. Prescription burn creams can be used for burn blisters or vesicles. Oral antibiotics help reduce the chance of infection.
Specialists: Consult a doctor for the above symptoms. Further options for best healthcare can be explored at mfine
Give a missed call to 08061914343 to Download the App