Psychogenic erectile dysfunction: This is what you can d
The inability to sexually perform or maintain an erection due to psychological factors.
Around 50% to 70% of men suffering from depression develop erectile dysfunction due to the disorder and because of the antidepressants prescribed .
- Unlike the natural impotence, psychogenic erectile dysfunction begins abruptly.
- Diagnosis and treatment by a counselor can help reduce the reasons for the erectile dysfunction.
Consulting a medical professional to discuss the symptoms and to get a concrete diagnosis can help with the Psychogenic erectile dysfunction.
Psychogenic Erectile Dysfunction may be caused due to
- Performance anxiety
- Family/ social/ work/ economic stressors
- Communication problems, Power conflicts, etc
- A lack of self-confidence
- Certain medications such as antidepressants
- Wrong sexual beliefs
- Premature ejaculation
- Reduced libido
- Affective illnesses
Self Care: It is important to maintain a level of honesty with your partner about your anxieties regarding sexual performance and having realistic expectations from the intercourse. Avoid drugs or alcohol.
Medications: You can use medicines such as vasodilators and hormones to help with the erectile dysfunction. There are over-the-counter medicines available for the same.
Specialists: A psychiatrist will be able to help you identify the causative factors for the condition and ways to resolve the same. mfine caters to different areas of health issues and the perfect course of treatment can be chosen according to your requirements.