Health A to Z Last updated on 2021-02-26 20:50:58
A Look At Obesity And How To Beat It
- Dr. Uma M
- 2 Min Read
Obesity is a complicated medical condition that is associated with an excess amount of body fat. Not only can it cause body image issues, but obesity also increases the risks of a variety of other conditions such as-
- Type-II diabetes
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- PCOS in women
- Erectile dysfunction in men
- Problems with liver and gallbladder
Treatment and managementThe aim of any obesity treatment plan is to maintain a healthy weight. Consultation with a dietitian can help in making better choices about eating habits and lifestyle. Following a proper diet and getting regular exercise are two of the most crucial ingredients of obesity treatment. Making better diet choices include-
- Cutting down on calories
- Avoiding processed food, trans fats, and foods containing bad cholesterol and high carbohydrates
- Avoiding alcohol
- Picking healthier foods to eat such as fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains
- Picking lean sources of protein such as soy, beans and lentils and lean meats like fish
- Taking smaller portions of food
Request a Call Back
Consult a General Physician
Check out these videos
Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Covaxin and Covishield | Latest Updates
Difference Between COVID and Pneumonia
Who are Susceptible to Heart Attack?
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
- Symptoms of PCOS in Females
Read more on Health A to Z
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!