Book ECHO Test in Ahmedabad
Request a Call Back
Lab Infrastructure in Ahmedabad
- Ahmedabad is an emerging hub in healthcare services and medical infrastructure. Both government and private organisations have ensured quick and reliable medical services to their people.
- These facilities have advanced testing facilities for accurate medical diagnoses, including timely consultations for people suffering from infectious diseases. In addition, they provide convalescent, acute, and terminal care and diagnostic, therapeutic, and preventive treatments to patients.
- Several multispeciality and single-speciality hospitals in the city offer services in radiology, orthopaedics, gynaecology, neurology, etc. Most hospitals provide 24/7 facilities like ambulance transport, pharmacy, operation theatres for patients’ convenience. Super-speciality hospitals offer other facilities like organ transplants, IVF, and bone marrow donations.
- Some hospitals in the city specialize in treating cancer, heart diseases, mental illness, and child care.
- The commercial and state-run advanced pathological laboratories in Ahmedabad provide testing facilities to all age groups. These tests detect infections, diseases, and blood-related disorders within patients, thus providing timely diagnosis and medical assistance.
- With the monsoons resulting in water accumulation, the city experiences a spike in water-borne diseases and viral infections. Therefore, people should receive timely medical attention, correct diagnosis, and efficient testing facilities.
Why book an ECHO test?
Doctors may advise this test in the following conditions:
- To detect abnormality of the heart associated with valves and pumping.
- To detect heart muscle damage and problems with the blood flow.
- To detect any blood clots in the heart.
- To determine problems with the aorta.
- To detect heart defects.
- To determine pacemaker related issues.
- To detect functioning of the heart, especially after a heart attack.
- To estimate the left ventricular ejection fraction while evaluating the efficacy of various cardiac therapies in situations such as heart failure.
- If you have cardiac arrhythmia; an irregular heartbeat, an ECHO can study your heart activity and assist in establishing the particular reason and best treatment.
- Congenital heart diseases can also be diagnosed with an ECHO.
What all tests are included in the ECHO test?
Your ECHO will be conducted by a cardiologist, who will examine your heart images and modify the transducer to visualise additional views. The ECHO test includes M-mode echocardiography, Doppler echocardiography, colour echocardiography, and D-echocardiography. These tests precisely measure the heart’s internal structures and detect the blood flow condition, valve, heart chambers infection, etc. In addition, these tests provide images of heart structure in 2D and 3D, which covers the adjacent area around the heart. All these tests provide images of heart functioning and make it easy for the specialist to examine the abnormality and infections. Here is the test procedure described:
- While lying down on an examination table, a technician will put gel on your chest, followed by a transducer (a little instrument fashioned like a microphone). The transducer directs sound waves toward your heart.
- The waves bounce off the heart’s structures before returning to the transducer to be collected.
- A computer analyses them and displays a graphic representation of your heart thumping on a screen.
- The technician spins the transducer around to examine your heart from different angles.
- You may be asked to roll on your side or hold your breath for a few seconds during the exam.
What preparation is required for an ECHO Test?
- There is no need to prepare anything else for the ECHO exam in Ahmedabad.
- Ensure that you haven’t eaten or drunk anything for at least 10 hours before taking the test. It is acceptable to drink water.
- In rare situations, the doctor may advise you to get more information before the test and cease using certain medications.
- It would help if you counted on the testing lasting about an hour in total.
What is the average cost of an ECHO test in Ahmedabad?
The cost of the ECHO test depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Ahmedabad is usually between Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2500. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost at the time of booking the appointment.
How to get an ECHO test in Ahmedabad
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Is a doctor's prescription mandatory for a ECHO Test?
Yes, a doctor’s note is mandatory for getting ECHO Test done.
Are there any discounts running on MFine for the ECHO Test?
You can avail of up to 50% discount on MFine for ECHO Test. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on the MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail of through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
What would my sensations be like during the test?
There should be no considerable discomfort during the examination. A cold feeling on the skin, and a slight pressure on the chest, may be caused by a gel transducer. You should feel no pain during the procedure.
What are the suggested precautions to take before the ECHO test?
It is suggested to avoid food and water three to four hours before the ECHO test. Caffeine-containing beverages and nicotine must be avoided for more than 24 hours of the test. Smoking and consuming alcohol are strictly prohibited on the test day as they may not provide clear images.
Are there any risks or negative consequences of the ECHO Test?
Echocardiography is a non-invasive, rapid, and quick procedure. The scan has no side effects, though the lubricating gel may feel chilly, and you may experience some little discomfort when the sensors are removed from your skin at the end of the test.
What must be included in the report?
- The speed at which your heart beats
- Your pulse rates
- Your heart’s size
- An evaluation of your heart’s wall thickness
- A summary of your ventricle’s function, including any anomalies
- Examination of your heart valves’ structure and movement
- Presence of blood clots, if any
- Any anatomical or congenital problems and any unusual discoveries
Who can take the ECHO test?
Doctors usually refer for an ECHO to those who experience symptoms concerning cardiac disorders such as
- Extreme fatigue
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
This test is also recommended to people who have undergone cardiac surgeries to evaluate the effectiveness of the medical treatment. In addition, the ECHO is prescribed to patients who already have cardiac ailments such as cardiomyopathy, heart valve disease, or congenital heart disease. It helps doctors to follow the progress of these diseases over time.
Can I book the echo test for distant locations?
Of course, the ECHO test exam can be scheduled in multiple locations. The location, day, time, and date of the appointment must all be included.
How can I download my ECHO test results?
- Login to MFine.
- Go to your profile.
- Click Attachment and Reports.
- Click Lab Report and download the same.
Can I reschedule my appointment for the ECHO Test?
Yes, you can reschedule your ECHO testing appointment. However, you must resubmit the required information, including the correct date, time, and location on the MFine site.
How long does it take for the ECHO test to provide results?
Within 48 hours of testing, you should receive the results. However, depending on the location, medical advice, and selected lab partner, it may take longer in some cases.
What is the procedure for receiving my test results?
After a cardiologist has reviewed your test results, they will be entered into your electronic medical record. Your physician will have access to the results, which they will share with you. You can also download them from the MFine app or website.