Consult Top Andrologist Online on MFine
What Do Andrologists Specialise In?
Once you hit puberty, your sexual health becomes a priority just like your physical and mental health. According to general guidelines, every adult over the age of 18 needs to undergo regular screening tests by licensed primary care providers for better health. Although a lot of people ignore it due to a range of reasons, you need to keep your sexual health in check. These regular screenings can help doctors notice irregularities (if any) and diagnose issues at early stages. This helps speed up the diagnosis and makes the treatment plan a bit easier.
But, which doctors perform screenings and examinations to diagnose and treat male sexual health problems? Well, the answer is andrologists. Andrologists specialise in dealing with male genito-urinary conditions and are often considered to be similar to gynaecologists for women. These experts help patients fight both sexual problems by ensuring a safe space. Andrologists focus on their patients and the possible approaches towards better health. After all, sexual conditions can be quite tricky and need a swift diagnosis.
Have you or anyone you know been noticing symptoms of male sexual health conditions? Or, do you want to get on track to better health with regular screenings and tests? Well, fret no more! MFine connects you to the top andrologists in and around Tumakuru and all over India to help you get the professional advice you need. Book a teleconsultation or a visit with the experts today and get the quality treatment you deserve!
Is There Any Difference Between An Andrologist And A Urologist?
Although andrologists and urologists deal with similar issues, there is a thin line of difference. Some people might use these terms interchangeably, but both of these specialists differ in certain aspects, such as:-
- Gender of Patients Diagnosed – The prime field of difference between an andrologist and a urologist is the gender of the patients they diagnose. While andrologists mainly focus on treating male sexual and urological problems, urologists help diagnose urological issues in both men and women.
- Conditions They Deal With – Andrologists help diagnose and treat male genito-urinary conditions such as – male infertility, and other reproductive issues. A urologist is consulted for urological problems like UTIs, bladder issues, and kidney problems.
- Educational Requirements for Practice – An andrologist needs a bachelor’s degree in medicine, a Urology residence, and an Andrology certification to practise with a licence. Whereas, a urologist needs a bachelor’s degree in medicine, a General Surgery residency, and a super specialisation in Urology.
Should I Get In Touch With An Andrologist?
Due to the social stigma around male sexual health and genito-urinary conditions, most patients do not get in touch with andrologists directly. They are referred to andrologists through primary care physician doctors and hospitals. General practitioners, also known as primary care physicians, treat a range of illnesses and conditions. Your primary healthcare expert will track your health and symptoms to ensure you’re in the best possible condition. Moreover, they refer patients to specialists in case they feel further diagnosis and treatment are needed. When your general physician notices any symptoms of male genito-urinary conditions, they refer you to andrologists. General guidelines suggest that one should visit an andrologist every 3 months after puberty. Some common symptoms that you should look out for and consult an andrologist:-
- Sexual health issues like erectile dysfunction
- Premature ejaculation
- Decreased sperm count
We recommend consulting an andrologist as soon as you experience any of these symptoms. After all, you need to get started with your diagnosis and treatment as soon as possible.
What Are Some Conditions An Andrologist Can Help With?
Andrologists primarily diagnose and treat male sexual health conditions. Some of these issues include:-
- Penile Disorders
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Premature Ejaculation
- Testicular Torsion
- Male Infertility
What Tests Will My Andrologist Ask Me To Undergo?
Every doctor asks their patients to undergo some tests and screenings before diagnosing a problem and figuring out a treatment plan. Some tests used by andrologists to help patients suffering from male genito-urinary conditions include:-
- Semen Analysis – The test helps doctors analyse one’s sperm, specifically its size, shape, and structure. Semen Analysis is often the first step of diagnosis and is used to diagnose patients with infertility.
- Semen Culture – Lab analysts culture one’s semen sample to examine it and look for bacteria. The test helps doctors determine the type of bacteria present and the antibiotics needed to destroy them.
- Acrosome Reaction Test – The acrosome cap is located inside the sperm head and encloses the upper 40-60% of the sperm nucleus. In this test, an artificial simulation of fertilisation is conducted to notice whether one’s acrosomes are functioning properly or not.
- Hormone Levels – The test helps doctors check testosterone, oestrogen and progesterone levels in male patients. After all, low testosterone levels or high progesterone and oestrogen levels are a problem and can hamper male sexual health.
Is There Any Way To Prevent Sexual Health Problems?
Sexual health issues can be quite complicated to manage and are crucial to one’s health and well-being. Although genito-urinary conditions can happen to anyone at any time, there are a few things that might help prevent sexual health problems. These include:-
- Regular Exercise – The penis works on blood pressure and cardiovascular exercise is a great way to boost it. It can help keep your heart in good condition along with your sexual health.
- Diet – Certain foods help boost blood flow and improve stamina which in turn boosts one’s health and well-being. Some of these foods include – fibrous vegetables, salmon, white fish, tuna, ginseng, and caffeine.
- Reduce Stress – Stress can affect your overall health and well-being but most crucially, it can affect your libido and sexual health. This will also help one reduce and remove unhealthy habits for overall health and well-being.
Although these tips might seem quite simple, they can go a long way in helping with your overall health and well-being. Ultimately, these might help improve your sexual health and even prevent further issues.
Book A Consultation With The Top Andrologist in Tumakuru Today
Sexual health problems can be quite complex and worrisome to the patient. Moreover, the social stigma around the topic can discourage a lot of people from getting the help they desire. Well, do not worry! The top andrologists in and around Tumakuru work tirelessly to offer patients a safe space. They work with you to find out your problems and chart an appropriate action plan. MFine connects you with these professionals to help you get the treatment you need. Book a teleconsultation with the top andrologist in Tumakuru at your convenience. You can also book a physical visit at the doctor’s clinic or hospital to get access to professional treatment and quality diagnostic tests.