5 Home Remedies for Erectile Dysfunction
- Dr. Arpit Gupta
- 3 Min Read
From boardrooms to bedrooms, men have been conditioned to be winners, always. While they are more resilient towards professional setbacks, a man’s self-confidence comes crashing down if he can’t ‘perform’ in bed. Erectile dysfunction or the inability to achieve or maintain an erection brings about insecurity and embarrassment, with most men treating this as a ‘personal failure’. Contrary to popular perception, there are several ways to manage this condition, without having to pop a blue pill.
Here are a few natural and home remedies to manage erectile dysfunction:
- Walk, walk, walk: Yes, you heard it right! A simple walking routine can help you overcome this condition in an effective manner. If you are looking to maintain a good sex life (and of course, your weight), don’t think twice and set out on a morning or evening walk every day. Studies suggest this simple habit can help overweight men reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction, or even reverse it.
- Stuff yourself with greens: It might sound boring, but we have all heard of ‘no pain, no gain’. Try and incorporate nutrient-rich foods, including fruits, leafy vegetables, whole grain and fish in your meals regularly. Remember, red and processed meat, refined grains and sugary treats are a complete no-no (unless you treat yourself once in a while).
- Focus on your vascular health: What if we told you lifestyle disorders like high blood pressure, high blood sugar, and high cholesterol could be the reason behind erectile dysfunction? When these levels are not in control, you are at a high risk of damaging arteries and nerves which can result in reduced blood flow to the penis. Get a routine health check-up done every few months to know if your vascular health or diabetes is in good order. If not, get your lifestyle back on track and see the magic happen.
- Size certainly matters: Of course, size is a major contention when it comes to the penis and your weight too, but in completely different ways! Studies suggest that a man with a 42-inch waist is at a higher risk of suffering from erectile dysfunction over someone who has a trim waistline. It’s a no-brainer, but shedding that extra flab will always do you good in all sorts of ways, no matter what. When you are obese, your body starts to function in an improper manner. Also, remember that ED is a combination of psychological factors as well and having a good body image can go a long way in sustaining a good erection with your partner.
- Move your pelvic muscles: We’ve all heard of toning biceps and triceps, but how about giving some attention to your pelvic muscles? Try and do some pelvic exercises (also called Kegel exercises) to strengthen the muscles in the nether regions, and you will say hello to good sexual health in no time. Combine this exercise routine with some lifestyle changes: quit smoking, lose weight and restrict alcohol to overcome erectile dysfunction with much more ease.
These tips could help you manage erectile dysfunction and boost your health, vitality and of course, self-esteem. It’s time to have some fun between the sheets!