A complete list of the best baby formulas for your little one
Fact-checked by MFine | Last Updated : November 7th, 2019
Baby formula can ensure your child receives the perfect amounts of the right nutrients if they are unable to drink breast milk. Ensure that you opt for the right baby formula for your child. You will understand the best practices for baby care with useful parenting tips and advice. Choose from this list of best baby formulas to find one that matches your little one's needs!
Many mothers choose to replace or supplement breast milk with a formula for a wide number of reasons. If you are planning to do so, choosing the best baby formula for your child is essential. At this early stage, your child is quickly growing bigger and needs all the nutrients they can get for healthy development. This is why it’s very important that you first consult with your pediatrician before choosing a formula. There are a huge variety of baby formulas to choose from, each with their advantages and disadvantages. A few of the baby formulae are for lactose intolerant babies, some are iron-fortified, some are based on cow’s milk and others are soy-based. Also, there are ready-to-use, powdered and liquid concentrate varieties available in the market. Read on to know more about formula milk for babies in India and what each one provides. Also read our blog on How to Prepare Food for Babies Safely and Naturally.Enfamil A+ is available in 3 stages - up to 6 months, 6 to 12 months and 12 to 24 months. In comparing Enfamil with Similac, the difference in composition is marginal though Enfamil has got added probiotics that help improve baby’s defences.
1. SimilacSimilac is owned by Abbott, an American healthcare company. It offers a different formula for different stages, starting with Neosure for premature babies. This is one of the best baby formula milk for preterm babies since it has a higher fat content to help them gain weight quickly. Similac Advanced Stage I is for babies up to 6 months old while Stage 2 is for babies older than 6 months. It is rich in Omega 3 as well as fatty acids and is fortified with all the minerals a baby needs. There is also a soy-based formula for babies that are lactose intolerant. You can get it in two forms - spray form or ready to feed.
2. Enfamil A+Most moms want their baby to have the goodness of mother’s milk but sometimes it is not possible. The alternative is to find the closest match, this means looking for the best baby formulas for breastfed babies. Enfamil A+ is one of the best formula milk for babies whose mothers cannot breastfeed. It has MFGM and Lactoferrin, two important components of mothers milk.
3. Nestle Nan ProThis is spray-dried infant formula and has a whey casein ratio of 70:30 while mother’s milk has a ratio of 60:40. The lower casein content makes it easier to digest and because it also contains probiotics, it helps if the baby suffers from colic. Its nutritive content might not be as good as other formula but its strength lies in it’s easier digestion. Also read our blog on Does Syrup to Increase Appetite in Babies Work?
4. Farex Stage 1Farex Stage 1 has nutrition tailored for babies up to the age of 6 months. The primary ingredients are lactose (more than any other baby formula), whey, partially skimmed milk, edible mineral oils and fortified with minerals and vitamins.
5. Dexolac 1 Infant FormulaThis is another one of the more popular baby formula milk available in India. It is fortified with nucleotides and folic acid that helps your baby grow and put on weight. Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids are good for brain development. As your baby grows older you can progress to a stage appropriate formula. Always match the age with the right stage, since the nutrients change for different stages of your baby’s growth.
6. Neocate LCP Infant formulaThis is an amino-based hypoallergenic infant formula. This means it is completely devoid of lactose, making it one of the best baby formulae in India for babies with protein allergies. It is one of the very few hypoallergenic food formulas available in India and is often prescribed for babies with any medical disorders or food intolerance. It is suitable as a single source of nutrition for babies under 6 months of age and in severe allergic cases can be used even up to a year. Also read our blog on Is it Safe to Include Avocado for Baby Food? The best baby formula milk for your child will depend upon their unique requirements. Always consult with your child’s paediatrician before you choose a baby formula. They will be able to prescribe the right formula to give your baby the vital nutrients they need. To get expert advice for choosing your baby’s formula, download the mfine app and schedule an instant consultation with your city’s top pediatricians.
Consult our Pediatricians
Dr. Darshith S L
5+ years exp
Dr. Seetharam K
39+ years exp
Dr. Archana A
5+ years exp
Dr. Shajan S
13+ years exp
Instant Chat &