Delicious and easy baby food recipes for 10 month olds
Is your 10-month-old baby dissatisfied with his/her food? Worry not! Here are some of the simplest, yet most delicious baby food recipes for your 10-month-old baby!
10 days to 10 months – your baby’s body, movements and behaviour may have transitioned in the blink of an eye, and so will their food habits. When your baby reaches the 10-month mark, their nutritional requirements will change to keep up with their growth. With this change, you can easily move on from purees and mashed meals to chunkier, more wholesome foods for healthy baby weight gain. Solid foods for your 10-month-old baby can be made with easily available ingredients right at home. Here are a few recipes to add to your10-month-old baby food menu that will help you make mealtime your baby’s favourite part of the day!
What to add to your 10-month-old baby food menu
Dairy and extra proteins will go a long way towards helping your child get the bodily development they need. They are also one of the best calcium-rich foods for your baby. Your 10-month-old child can now eat a more diverse variety of food. Chopped up fruits and vegetables will also aid their nutrition levels. Along with these recipes for your 10-month-old baby, some of the basic ingredients that you can always experiment with can be rice, soft noodles and bread. The key to feeding a 10-month-old child is to give them their meals in small proportions. You can check out our complete baby food chart for Indian babies to understand how much to feed your child and the best foods to include in their diet.
What not to feed your baby:
While giving your baby their food, make sure to watch out for allergies. Meat or even peanut butter could give your 10-month-old baby rashes or any other type of allergies. When introducing these foods to your baby for the first time, make sure to watch out for any immediate symptoms (even if given in small proportions). Hard nuts and fruits like raisins and grapes could lead to the baby choking. Any type of food that requires excessive chewing should also be avoided.
Here are a few baby food recipes for your 10-month-old baby food menu that you can prepare quickly and conveniently.
1. Mashed apple-chicken puree
Cooked and finely cut boneless chicken – 1/3 cup
Well-cooked apples – ¼ cup
Optional – chopped carrots and cinnamon (a small amount)
- Add the chicken and the cooked apples into a blender.
- To add flavour, cinnamon and carrots can be added later.
- After making a puree, water can be added to make it easy for your 10-month-old baby to eat their food with relish!
2. Minced Turmeric Cauliflower
Cauliflower head – 1
Olive oil – 2 tbsp
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- After preheating the oven to 425 degrees, place the finely chopped cauliflower into a baking dish.
- To this, add some olive oil, salt and turmeric powder. Ensure that the spices are evenly spread throughout the cauliflower.
- After 25-30 mins inside the oven, mix the ingredients and toss it around with a wooden spoon.
- After it has settled well, remove the dish from the oven and let it cool down for 5 minutes. Your 10-month-old baby’s food is ready to eat!
3. Sweet corn and carrot rice
Finely chopped onion – ¼ cup
Sweet corn – ½ cup
Carrots – ¼ cup
Butter – 1 tbsp
Rice – ½ cup
Pepper (a pinch)
Water (as necessary)
- Sauté the onions in hot butter.
- Add cooked corn, carrots and pepper to the butter. The heat can be turned off after sautéing for a while.
- After it cools down, grind it according to your 10-month-old baby’s food requirements.
- Cook the rice with boiled water and toss the rice with the mixture. Your child’s very own pulao is ready to eat!
4. Tomato and avocado scramble
Egg – 1
Water – 1 teaspoon
Diced tomatoes – 2 tbsp
Olive oil – 1 teaspoon
Cut avocados – ¼ cup
- Whisk the egg, water and tomatoes together.
- warm up the olive oil over medium heat, and add the mixture to it.
- Add the avacado before the eggs set in, and cook until its set. Let it cool before serving your 10-month-old baby’s soon-to-be favourite food!
These are only a few of the many recipes you can tweak with to understand your baby’s special dietary needs! Baby food can always be customised and worked with based on how quickly your child grows and changes. Celebrate your baby’s growth with these recipes for your 10-month-old baby food menu. After all, now your baby’s diet can include the right amount of nutrition and health, bite-sized or not! For more insights into your child’s changing nutritional requirements, download the mfine app to consult with the city’s top paediatricians.