Book PET Scan in Delhi
Avail PET Scan in Delhi through MFine. You can choose your preferred lab partner from our wide range of trusted partners for PETscans and book an appointment online. This scanning is a non-invasive technique for detecting and acquiring inside organs or tissues. This method identifies the aberration in the physiological organs or tissues using a traceable and intravenous dye with radioactive tracers. The abnormal body component absorbs a significant radioactive tracer, indicating a health concern.
PETscans can be used to look for disease or other disorders in tissues and organs in general. PET has been used to analyze the performance of organs, including the heart and the brain. For example, the doctor will propose a cardiac PET Scan to check the blood circulation level into the individual's heart muscles. The scan may indicate an area of the body experiencing poor blood circulation. The PET Scan test is commonly used to detect cancer, heart illness, and neurological disorder clinical manifestations.... View more
Request a Call Back
Lab infrastructure in Delhi
Delhi is a tier 1 city with a plethora of testing labs in many settings. In addition, the top hospitals are well-equipped with contemporary amenities and specialise in specific fields, including cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, cancer, and orthopaedics.
- All Delhi residents are now eligible for free prescriptions, outpatient treatment, lab testing, hospitalisations at state-run medical facilities, and cashless recommendations to private medical providers when necessary.
- The NCT Government of Delhi is undertaking all feasible means to build an inclusive, cheap, and conceptual framework of the healthcare system in Delhi, with a four-tier structure that includes several health initiatives.
- Healthcare in Delhi is split between private and government-run institutions, as it is in other cities; however, both residents and foreigners choose to avoid the city’s public hospitals in favour of private hospitals. As a result, in Delhi, finding quality medical providers is often simple.
- Medical services and prescriptions are presently accessible for free in all Delhi public hospitals. As a result, you now have access to medications that you did not previously have. In addition, MRI, ultrasound, CT scan, and even a PET scan, which covers approximately 25,000, have been freely available.
- Delhi has most of the necessary health facilities for all the testing. The city’s health authorities work hard to ensure that all people have access to medical care. Delhi has some of the most outstanding hospitals in India (both public and private). They are accessible to provide actual treatments at all times of the year.
- Healthcare facilities are growing in lockstep with the general context to provide patients with the most up-to-date amenities. For example, many hospitals have sections dedicated to specialisations, with personnel to assist patients. In addition, testing labs are accessible on the hospital premises to make patients’ treatment more comfortable.
- The healthcare divisions use cutting-edge technology to ensure that patients have an excellent diagnosis and treatment experience. Advanced machinery, skilled physicians, and nursing services are all available.
Why book a PET Scantest?
Doctors may prescribe a PET Scan in the given situations:
- Early detection of illnesses such as cancer, brain, and heart disease.
- To see if the cancer disease progresses or if cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, is working.
- To identify a cancer reappearance.
- The scans can detect lymphoma, colorectal cancer, melanoma, and pancreatic cancers.
- Assessing the quantity of oxygen in the body and blood flow and blood sugar levels.
- To aid in the detection of bodily tissues and organs.
- A PET/CT scan aids in the diagnosis of cancer and provides additional information, such as whether a tumor is malignant or benign if cancerous cells are alive or dead, and much more.
- This test might reveal areas of the heart with insufficient blood flow. This is because healthy cardiac tissue accumulates more radioactivity from the tracers than ill muscles or tissue with reduced blood flow.
- Detecting radioactive glucose can determine which areas of the brain are ingesting glucose at the highest rates.
What are all tests included in PET Scan?
A radiologist will perform your PET test to identify sick cells in organs and tissues. You will receive an IV infusion of a low-dose radioactive medicine. This molecule is known as a radiotracer. Intravenously, a dye containing radioactive tracers is delivered into the patient’s circulation in the right amount. A radioactive substance (tracer) is used in the PET Scan to reveal expected and anomalous metabolism rates.
Damaged or unhealthy cells absorb more radioactive material than healthy cells. The PET scanner detects this radiation and creates images of the affected tissue. PET images are routinely combined with MRI or CT scans, resulting in PET-CT and PET-MRI studies.
What preparation is required for a PET Scan?
Before any screening examination or surgery, specific criteria must be performed as directed by the doctor.
- Check with your doctor about all of your medicines and any previous health issues you’ve experienced.
- A day before the exam, you should stay away from caffeine, smoking, and alcohol.
- Fasting for 6 hours before the testing, whether or not you would be given anesthesia.
- Before the test, you will be requested to complete a low-carbohydrate and no-sugar diet for an entire day. Therefore, foods like dairy, bread, fruits, cereals, and other comparable items should be avoided.
- You may be subjected to creatine or renal testing phase before the procedure, and in case you are dealing with diabetes, you may be permitted to monitor your glucose.
- Cough drops, hard candy, chewing gum, and mints should all be avoided.
- Your doctor may advise you to avoid deep tissue massage and severe physical activity for at least a very few days before the test.
What is the average cost of a PET Scan in Delhi?
The cost of a PET Scan depends on the city, the lab partner, the specific recommendations made by the physician, and some other factors. The average cost of this test in Delhi is Rs. 10,000, the most reasonable market. We highly recommend looking up the actual cost when booking the appointment.
How to get a PET Scan in Delhi?
For further assistance
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any discounts running on MFine for PET Scan?
You can avail up to 50% discount on MFine for PET Scan. This may vary based on your location and the preferred lab partner.
Will I get a report analysis after the test?
Yes, your report analysis will be done by an expert doctor for free on MFine app.
Are there any packages available on MFine for scans?
Yes, there is the Healthy Heart Package and Complete Pollution Package that you can avail through MFine. These packages include multiple scans to detect problems or diseases.
Can I reschedule my appointment?
Yes, you can reschedule your appointment. However, it is subject to the availability of slots.
Is a PET Scan dangerous?
A PET Scan is regarded as a risk-free technique. Over the years, it subjects you to approximately the same number of radiation as you will get from the ambient environment. The administered radioactive substances have a limited half-life and are swiftly expelled from the body.
Do PET scans help you feel nauseous?
On the other hand, A PET Scan is entirely safe and has no known adverse effects. PET scans function as follows: a radioactive chemical is introduced into the body, and it takes time to get to the location to be scanned.
What is infused throughout a PET Scan procedure?
The most prevalent radioactive material used during PET imaging is FDG, which means “fluorodeoxyglucose.” It is a simple sugar (as glucose). It is infused into the circulation and concentrates inside the body, emitting gamma rays, which provide energy to the organism.
How will the body experience following the PET scan?
The iodine-dependant contrast dye used in the CT component of a PET-CT scan may induce adverse effects such as nausea, headache, vomiting, itching, and moderate rash. In addition, anaphylaxis, a severe, all-over allergic response, can emerge in rare circumstances.
Is it possible for a PET Scan to harm your kidneys?
The radioactive tracer used throughout PET(Positron Emission Tomography) scans has no damaging consequences on the kidney.
Is the radiation emitted by PET scans hazardous?
A radioactive medication (tracer) will be put into a vein during your PET scan. However, the radiation’s harmful consequences are minimal because the quantity of radiation you are subjected to in the tracer is modest.
Why is it that you can't consume carbohydrates before a PET scan?
For a minimum of 24 hours preceding your scan, stay away from sugary or carbohydrate-containing foods and beverages. This will ensure that your photos are of the highest possible quality and that you do not have to postpone your scan due to an abnormally high blood sugar level.
What generates PET Scan hot spots?
The heart and brain, which consume a lot of glucose, would take up this radioactive material and become highly heated. “Hot spots” are unusual cells that consume a lot of glucose. For example, cancer cells have a high metabolic rate and use a large amount of sugar.
What does it signify when lymph nodes on a PET Scan light up?
PET scans measure how quickly cells consume sugar. There is metabolic stimulation when the test lights up strongly. Most aggressive tumours glow brightly, although inflammation inside the body also glows brightly because inflammatory cells are metabolically active.
What is the distinction between a PET Scan and PET Scan/CT scan?
The focus of a CT scan versus a PET Scan may be the most significant distinction. A CT scan produces a non-moving, comprehensive picture of bones, organs, and tissues. In contrast, a PET Scan demonstrates to doctors how the body’s tissues function at the molecular level.