How You Can Help Stop The COVID-19 Second Wave?
2 Min Read
With the COVID-19 second wave hitting India at full force, many are wondering how we can go about flattening the curve that has become dangerous. The medical infrastructure is trying it’s best to uphold it’s ill citizens, but there are things we can do to help bring down the number of COVID-19 infections that are leading to alarming deaths.
While it may seem that rules such as curfews and lockdowns don’t do anything, you’d be surprised how much precautionary habits can help us get past this second wave. Here are some things that you can do to help the cases die down over the course of time.
(1) Social distance and hand sanitizing
- Helps limit the spread of the COVID-19 viral infection
- Wash your hands regularly and avoid touching your face (especially your nose and mouth) with unwashed hands
- Use hand sanitizers often
- 6 feet of social distancing is recommended
- Avoid public gatherings and use face shields, when in public especially in vaccination centers
(2) Double mask
- Consists of a surgical/disposable mask and a double/triple layered cloth mask
- Mask should be tightly placed on nose bridge
- Breathing should not be hindered
- Wash cloth mask regularly
- Do not pair two masks of the same kind
- Do not wear the same masks for two straight days
(3) Stay alert
- If your showing symptoms of a COVID-19 infection, self isolate and consult with a doctor asap
- Follow your doctor’s advice whether its during hospitalization, homecare or recovery
- Confirm your COVID-19 negative with a proper test before coming into contact with others
- Don’t self-medicate, consult a doctor if you exhibit COVID-19 symptoms
Part of homecare requires the monitoring of your Blood Oxygen Saturation Levels (SpO2) levels. Using the MFine app, you can track it on your phone for free. Remember, oxygen saturation levels can drop below 95 with COVID-19.
(4) Get vaccinated
- Vaccinations are safe and effective. Certain side effects are to be expected.
- Continue to wear a mask even after being vaccinated
- Covishield and Covaxin are the two vaccines available in India
- Consult a doctor should your symptoms worsen – you can read about when it’s time to see a doctor here.
Most importantly, rely on the facts from professionals. Don’t consume or spread misinformation.
Stay home and stay safe. We can ride the COVID-19 second wave by helping each other.
Was this article helpful?
- 0 0
Love reading our articles?
Subscribe to never miss a post again!