Book Stool Culture Test in Mumbai
Avail Stool Culture Test in Mumbai through MFine. You can book your Stool Culture test from the popular lab associations of MFine and get samples collected from your doorstep. Post your Stool Culture Test sample collection, the test reports will be available for download within the next 48 hours. A Stool Culture Test is highly recommended for people having the following symptoms:
- Bloody stools or urine
- Stomach ache or cramps
- Prolonged Diarrhea
- Persistent stomach infections
Select a Lab
Request a Call Back
How to Book a Stool Culture Test in Mumbai
Lab Infrastructure in Mumbai
India’s medical infrastructure is growing, with many global healthcare centers calling Mumbai home. These centers offer patients world-class facilities and care, ranging from pathology and laboratory testing all the way to urgent follow-up advice should they require additional assistance. Many of these services are offered at the hospitals as well so that patients can quickly and easily access any labs they might need. Hospital samples are also classified under a broad spectrum at times, including blood, urine, or stool testing – which means samples don’t have to be sent elsewhere for testing. This cuts down on time taken for tests, saves money and reduces stress for both patient and doctor! For blood tests, for example, the reports will be turned around within 24 hours, but a faster turnaround may also be an option in circumstances where more prompt handling is required.
Why book for a Stool Culture Test?
- A Stool Culture test is used to detect the presence of pathogens that are causing the infection of the digestive system, especially in the lower part of the digestive tract. A Stool Culture Test takes into account the disorders related to your stomach. Be it an infection or abnormalities in the stomach, this test will help in evaluating it all. A stool culture test is sometimes used in conjunction with other tests like a stool for ova and parasite tests to look for the presence of any parasites or Clostridium difficile toxin tests. Some common symptoms observed in people with stomach problems are:
- Stool containing mucus or blood
- Prolonged Diarrhea
- Stomach pain or cramps
- Frequent vomiting
- Food contamination
- If these symptoms persist, the Stool Culture Test is recommended at the earliest.
For further assistance
Popular Health Packages
What does the Stool Culture Test Measure?
- A Stool Culture Test is one of the tests that determine the underlying condition of stomach infection. It evaluates the presence or absence of pathogens or germs that cause infection in the digestive system. If you're experiencing symptoms such as prolonged diarrhea, bloody stools, stomach cramps, nausea, fatigue, and others, then this test is highly recommended. During the test, the lab attendant collects the stool sample from you, which is then tested to determine the presence of bacteria causing infections.
- Stool Culture Test helps to find different types of pathogens that cause gastrointestinal infections. These infections can be from different species such as Campylobacter species, Salmonella species, Shigella species, Escherichia coli, and Clostridium difficile.
- Other bacteria that can cause diarrhea are Aeromonas species, Yersinia enterocolitica, Staphylococcus aureus, Vibrio cholera, etc.
What Preparation is Needed for the Stool Culture Test?
- This test requires no preparation as such. It is a simple procedure that requires no prior planning. However, you should let your doctor know about your medical history, family history, and allergies if any. This will help determine your body's health better. Moreover, tell your doctor about any supplements, vitamins, or herbs you consume on a daily basis. All these things can affect your test results, and that is why it is crucial for your doctor to know about them.
What Happens to Your Test Sample?
What do Abnormal Results Indicate?
Frequently Asked Question
Can I have an at-home sample collection in Mumbai?
Yes, you can easily avail the sample collection for various tests at home through MFine. With a single click, you can book a slot for a test without going anywhere. Your test results will be available for download within 48 hours.
What is the cost of the Stool Culture Test in Mumbai?
The cost of tests depends upon different laboratories and the infrastructure they utilize. Different cities have varied prices too. The approximate price for a Stool Culture Test in Mumbai ranges between Rs 500 and Rs. 1,000 per person.
I live in Gurgaon. Can I book a Stool Culture Test for my sister staying in Mumbai
Yes, you can easily book the Stool Culture Test for your relatives in places where the MFine services are easily available. The process is easy and hassle-free.
How can I reschedule my appointment for my Stool Culture?
You can easily reschedule the appointment for a Stool Culture Test through the MFine app or website. The app has an option to reschedule the sample collection date and time.
Yes. Our lab technicians are fully vaccinated. Further, they also ensure safety throughout by wearing a mask and using sanitizer and gloves during sample collection.
Is the lab technician coming for the Stool Culture sample collection vaccinated?
If you are experiencing symptoms of diarrhea, weakness, stomach pain, or cramps, your doctor shall recommend a Stool Culture Test immediately. It points towards an underlying digestive issue that needs urgent medical help.
When is the Stool Culture Test recommended?
Yes, it is mandatory to carry a prescription with you when you get the Stool Culture Test done. It is an advanced test that can only be recommended by a healthcare provider.
Is a prescription required to book a Stool Culture Test
Yes. MFine provides result interpretation along with the reports. Also, you will be able to avail a free doctor consultation after the lab test to understand your reports accurately. Our doctor will also advise and prescribe medicines if required based on the results.
Does MFine provide result interpretation along with the reports?
Yes, the Stool Culture Test is definitive. It can help to detect pathogens that cause infections in the body, especially in the stomach. This test is related to the digestive tract disorders in your body. However, if the test results are negative, your doctor can recommend more tests to help diagnose your condition better.
Is the Stool Culture Test definitive?
An Upper GI series is generally recommended along with the stool culture test to confirm the presence or absence of certain conditions.
What other tests are usually recommended along with a Stool Culture test?
The various diseases that can be determined by the stool culture test are hemorrhoids, colon or gastric cancer, stomach infections, anal fissures, and inflammatory bowel disease.
What diseases can be detected through the Stool Culture Test?
- Login to MFine
- Go to your profile
- Click Attachment and Reports
- Click Lab Report and download the same
Usually, you can avail of up to 50% discount on the Stool Culture Test through MFine. However, the discount and test price may vary based on lab partner and location.